Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 new kid on the block

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alopee Posted - 11/15/2012 : 10:31:57 AM
Hi everyone,

for a few years now, I am following the blog of Clara Parkes (and enjoying it very much). I finally decided to register for the Forums.

Knitting and crocheting was mandatory in school. I learnt to crochet in second grade and to knit in third grade. My grandmothers crocheted and knitted. One grandmother made (true) lace. We sewed, crocheted and knitted in school up to our second year in high school, where it was a welcome change to all the maths, sciences, ancient Greek, Latin and four modern languages. After high school I discontinued handcraft for a long time (with a few interruptions for very small projects) until a textile art teacher in a workshop introduced me to the book of Tellier-Loumagne 'Les mouvements du fil' (I don't know the English title). Instant awakening, almost like Sleeping Beauty kissed by the prince after 100 years.

Textile artists always draw my attention. Catherine Cobey, Adrienne Sloane,... All suggestions are welcome.

Natural yarns are my favorite: wool, possum, angora... I hope to try qiviut and yak one day. I have mixed feelings about cotton. Linnen is a tough one: my grandfather grew flax and processed the fibre to make it ready to spin. It is a beautiful material but can be hard to work with. Synthetic fibers are terrible to touch and, in my opinion, never have good colours.

Looking forward to the exchanges on the Forums!

Alopee

?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Grand-moogi Posted - 11/16/2012 : 09:33:30 AM
Welcome from Australia. I am really looking forward to hearing what you have to tell us and show us of your work. I feel there will be something special about you - as there is about everyone of course, but your background is very different. Fancy having these wonderful crafts compulsorily taught!

I knit a hug into every stitch
jtamsn Posted - 11/15/2012 : 2:37:20 PM
Welcome from Maine!
judy
crafty1mjw@comcast.net Posted - 11/15/2012 : 12:56:04 PM
Hi, Alopee! A hearty welcome from Colorado! Glad u joined us & hope u decide to stay! Looking forward to reading your posts here in the forums!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
Rwats2 Posted - 11/15/2012 : 12:53:09 PM
Hi, and Welcome to the Boards from the great state of La(Louisiana). Please sit down, relax and enjoy yourself. I would really love to see your work. I agree about all of the calm kids in school.
donnawatk Posted - 11/15/2012 : 10:51:36 AM
Hi Alopee, Welcome here from Chicago. Wow knitting and crocheting in school I bet there a lot of calm kids in school. Donna

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe