Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 another warm winter???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ikkivan Posted - 12/05/2012 : 07:43:36 AM
Well, it's been in the high 70s much of the past few weeks here in Oklahoma, with record high temps all around. And here I sit knitting thrummed mittens for family members in South Dakota, where I understand they are unseasonably warm, too. Well, by golly, they can just pack them away until it does get cold again.

For me, heaven will have snow!

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shalee Posted - 01/14/2013 : 1:26:06 PM
Yesterday it was 64 degrees at 2 pm. Today it was 32 degrees at 2 pm. Well, at least we had one nice day.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

emmyc Posted - 01/14/2013 : 08:18:55 AM
The other day in the Boston area we hit 7 degrees and I couldn't find a pair of gloves when I left for work at 5:30 AM. In the next 2 days I knit the one fingerless mitt and yesterday I finished the second.

today it was 53 degrees when I went to work....

oh well

emmyc
winchester ma
Grand-moogi Posted - 01/12/2013 : 10:08:12 AM
Oh Donna, 114 Fahrenheit is much hotter than we have here at the moment. Everyone is talking about how the bureau of meteorology had to add more colours to its maps to show the hotter temps. Bit of a giggle really. Anyway they are predicting that this coming Monday 14th January is tipped to be the hottest day in Australian history. It will be hot all over.
And Crafty, 20s Fahrenheit is pretty cold. I don't think I ever want to experience that.

I knit a hug into every stitch
crafty1mjw@comcast.net Posted - 01/10/2013 : 6:45:36 PM
Temps here in Colorado Springs, Co will be in the 20s for the next 3 days!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
PBELKNAP Posted - 01/09/2013 : 11:53:29 AM
We've had one big snowstorm, and some smaller snowfalls, but that's really it so far. I'm not complaining...we both have physical issues, so our shoveling days are over. We have to pay someone to plow and shovel, which is $$$. The less it snows, the more solvent we are...

PAM

Twitter Name = WildKnitter

Blog: http://wildknitter.blogspot.com

If I could only do this for a living...
ikkivan Posted - 01/08/2013 : 1:06:37 PM
Oh, my, I just read that the weather folks in Australia have had to add new colors for the maps to identify the extreme heat! Wow, and I thought we were hot here in SW Oklahoma during our summer with temps at 114-116 degrees F. I think I'd better enjoy what we have and stop complaining about the weather at all!

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
Grand-moogi Posted - 01/08/2013 : 06:16:12 AM
Oh Sharon, I wish I could! Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could just parcel up some heat and send it to you? and in the northern summer, you could parcel some up and send it to us.

Shalee Posted - 01/05/2013 : 5:53:17 PM
Alright Margaret, turn down the heat so we don't have to turn ours up! Last year I kept my house heat set at 58*F (about 15 C) and this year I've given in and set it to 68*F (20 C).

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Grand-moogi Posted - 01/05/2013 : 11:29:20 AM
We are having a very hot Summer here in Australia. In fact it started out like hot mid summer when it was supposed to be Spring. I have often noticed that when we have a hot summer, you have a very cold winter. In fact the weather seems to do a balancing act. When we are having an extremely hot week, you in US and/or the UK will be having a cold snap. When my daughter was living in Edinburgh, one day she told me that the forecast MAXIMUM was -3 celsius. At the same time we were sitting on daily maximums of 43 celsius. Those temps in fahrenheit are 26.6 and 109.4

Shalee Posted - 01/05/2013 : 08:46:40 AM
We got our first heavy snow last week but haven't gotten the bitter cold yet. Yesterday we hovered around 25 degrees but last year it got down to zero. So, we haven't gotten as cold, but the snow fall is about the same as last year, just a week early.

I signed up with the county transportation authority last week. If I let them know, a day in advance, they will pick me up and take me where I need to go. Then come and get me and take me home; all for $1.75 each way. That is a lot cheeper than paying $20 to $25 to have my driveway shoveled! Even my local grocery store will deliver for $5.00. It looks like I'm going to be spoiled rotten this winter! No more warming the car up for 20 minutes, driving defensively to the store, slipping and sliding through the parking lot to the door of the store and back with a cart of groceries, and using all that gas! Gas budget goes down and yarn budget goes up! Win, win for me!

Sharon in NW PA

hillstreetmama Posted - 01/05/2013 : 06:03:05 AM
We got rain that turned to snow, and then got 10 inches of it, the week before Christmas. The side streets in town are awful, rutted, slick messes of packed snow and ice. It hasn't warmed up enough to start the melting process. Yesterday was so bitter cold that just walking from my car into work, it was hard to breathe. I grabbed a mitten from my pocket and held it over my mouth (yeah, I know, I should have been wearing the thing) and was able to breathe without pain. I think actual temp was about 5 degrees, with wind chill well below zero.

Jan
BobbiSocks Posted - 01/03/2013 : 9:55:54 PM
Come right up to New Hampshire...temps hovering around zero and below here...cold, quiet, and beautiful.

Bobbi

quote:
Originally posted by Patience

I'm with you on this one, Donna! Where has winter gone and when, if ever will it be coming around again? Here in my neck of the woods it's been very mild and when it finally got into the 30's (high 30's though), all the weather people keep saying is, "ooohh, when is it going to warm up".....give me a break, people, it's supposed to be WINTER for heaven sakes, not spring or summer. If they want warm weather all year long, they are apparently in the wrong place because we used to get all 4 seasons but these days it's just spring and summer.....bummer! I am craving some nice cold winter weather too as you can tell, LOL.

Regards, Patience

"I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul."
Patience Posted - 01/03/2013 : 10:32:42 AM
I'm with you on this one, Donna! Where has winter gone and when, if ever will it be coming around again? Here in my neck of the woods it's been very mild and when it finally got into the 30's (high 30's though), all the weather people keep saying is, "ooohh, when is it going to warm up".....give me a break, people, it's supposed to be WINTER for heaven sakes, not spring or summer. If they want warm weather all year long, they are apparently in the wrong place because we used to get all 4 seasons but these days it's just spring and summer.....bummer! I am craving some nice cold winter weather too as you can tell, LOL.

Regards, Patience

jtamsn Posted - 12/14/2012 : 5:31:56 PM
Jury is still out for me. We just had an oil delivery the other day (first since end of may....not bad!). They are predicting snow for next week here in Maine.
judy
lucybug Posted - 12/05/2012 : 09:09:06 AM
I'm with you Donna. It's been warm and mostly snowless in Colorado as well but I'm knitting away like there's a blizzard outside. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the snow (maybe because I'm from San Diego). Of course, it is supposed to snow this weekend because we're planning on playing golf on Saturday, but I'm not complaining. The last time we had planned to play golf it snowed -- hmmmm.

Pam in the Colorado mountains

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe