Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 OFF-TOPIC: Enter At Your Own Risk
 Movies / Articles / Celebrities / Books / News
 NEMO

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jtamsn Posted - 02/09/2013 : 06:32:12 AM
Havent seen a blizzard like this for several years. Good day to humker down, knit, read, and watch the snow pile up. Hope everyone else in the Northeast is doing the same.
judy
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Grand-moogi Posted - 02/14/2013 : 05:02:56 AM
To be honest we are getting heartily sick of summer. It is too hot. We cannot go outside to do any gardening as it is far too hot out there. We have to go out very early in the morning and water so the poor plants can survive. I was just talking to my husband today about it and saying I wonder if the season change will be the same as the change from winter to summer. It seemed that we did not have any spring. One week it was freezing cold and the next it was boiling hot. Maybe we will go straight from boiling hot to freezing cold with no autumn.

I knit a hug into every stitch
mrssuem Posted - 02/13/2013 : 7:24:58 PM
O.K. so has anyone else noticed what 'NEMO' spelled backwards is? 'OMEN' right? So is that a sign of more snow to come this winter? I certainly hope not. Spring can't get here fast enough.
jtamsn Posted - 02/13/2013 : 1:04:35 PM
Grand-moogi, that would be a nightmare!
judy
Grand-moogi Posted - 02/13/2013 : 04:41:58 AM
Fancy having to move house in those conditions. Make sure the electricity etc is turned on at the place you are going to. We moved one long weekend in June (that is winter here) and forgot about getting it turned on before we got there so we froze all weekend. The kids got colds and they did not get over them until spring.

jtamsn Posted - 02/11/2013 : 5:18:49 PM
Things here in southern Maine are getting better, snowbanks are pretty high, so you have to be careful pulling out into traffic. Today we had just enough rain to make a mess and tonight it's supposed to freeze! UGH! I'd rather have snow anyday.
judy
Luann Posted - 02/11/2013 : 11:48:54 AM
The just announced that the snow emergency will remain in effect until further notice, and there will be no school until Thursday at the *earliest*. Since we are moving this week, and it's Little Luann's last week of school here, I'm sad that he'll be missing it not only because it's making it hard for Mr Luann & I to do the packing, but because he won't get to spend much time with his friends.

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
Grand-moogi Posted - 02/10/2013 : 5:08:10 PM
-4F Good grief that is cold. I have never experienced anything like that. I sort of wish I could just once see snow like that. I do hope you all have good heating.

Shalee Posted - 02/10/2013 : 4:14:18 PM
It has warmed up here, in NW PA, to the point that the snow melted off my car, finally! I did some grocery shopping yesterday and figured I better get some snow melt to sprinkle and some of the ice remover for my windshields. Now I'm sure it won't snow much more here!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Luann Posted - 02/10/2013 : 1:53:49 PM
No school Friday or tomorrow (Monday). Things are clearing out, but there's still a parking ban in effect in my town, so the school lots are where people can park until that's lifted. It's been a loooooong weekend! 28 inches of snow here.

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
noallatin Posted - 02/09/2013 : 08:15:11 AM
We had a half day of school on Friday in anticipation of the storm getting here at dismissal time. The snow didn't get serious until after 6 pm. I'd rather be knitting but I have a paper to write.
kkknitter Posted - 02/09/2013 : 08:01:42 AM
Yup! Indoors all day working on a baby cardigan Tricsi by Åsa Tricosa. Quite a challenge but lots of fun and it is a really clever design. Snow stopped falling this AM, but the wind is nasty and temperatures are expected to fall to-4F tonight. I hope you all have a warm place to go to.

Kristina

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.51 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe