Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Sorry I waited so long to start knitting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pacjar Posted - 01/17/2013 : 5:47:53 PM
Hi fellow knitters,
My name is Pat and I am an art teacher. Over the years I have tried almost every art and craft possible but I never tried knitting. Dec of 2011 while at a JoAnn Fabrics store I realized that the only thing left was knitting so I decided to take Knitting 101 and I just love it. I can not wait to get home to knit. Right now I am learning to knit socks and having so much fun.

I am reading Clara Parkes book The Knitter's Book of Socks and that is what brought me to KR. If you have struggled with socks this book takes all the mystery out of it so you can make beautiful comfy socks.

Looking forward to meet some of you online.
Regards,
Pat
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eldergirl Posted - 02/18/2013 : 9:40:24 PM
Hi Pat, and welcome to the KR Forums! I'm from Baltimore, and learned to knit from my grandma when i was six or seven. Before that, I learned how to wind balls of yarn. I still wind balls from skeins in the way she taught me!

Knitting is really wonderful, isn't it? And socks! good for you!

Keep posting and tell us what else you are knitting!

Best wishes

Anna

Life is beautiful.
crafty1mjw@comcast.net Posted - 02/16/2013 : 5:09:02 PM
A hearty "Hello" from Colorado, pacjar! Welcome to the KF! Looking forward to reading your posts here in the forums!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
The more, the merrier!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
lella Posted - 02/14/2013 : 11:42:36 AM
Hello from San Diego, Pat. I'm also a sock knitter, and love it. The sock topic in the one forum is quiet but we are all here, knitting away. Welcome to the KR.

Lella

Zippiknits

"Life is good if you don't weaken." Calvin Coolidge
robinstephanie Posted - 01/24/2013 : 09:15:47 AM
Welcome, Pat, from northern California. I started knitting two years ago, at 41, and about a month in I was asking myself, "Where has this been all my life?" With all your additional art skills, you'll have some really terrific skills to enhance your knitting. Oh, how exciting. (:

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
jtamsn Posted - 01/24/2013 : 03:39:22 AM
Welcome to the forums, from Maine. I always have socks in progress. They are a very portable project to throw in your purse when going to appointments etc. I have been knitting since I was a small child, but just started socks about 10 years ago. I remember my mom knitting argyle socks with bobbins when I was young.
judy
Luann Posted - 01/23/2013 : 1:05:19 PM
Welcome, Pat! I too had tried many different crafts before knitting took hold. I enjoyed them all - I was serially faithful to rubber stamps, beading, origami, embroidery, needlepoint... but around 1997 I found knitting and it just hit the spot in a way the others never did. Here I am 15 years later and it's still my favorite thing. I still turn to the others for a change of pace, or a specific project, but knitting is my one true love.

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
hillstreetmama Posted - 01/22/2013 : 10:26:19 PM
I wish the internet had been around when I first learned in 1976. I didn't know any knitters, and stopped altogether a few years later when I got busy with a family. I lived in northern Iowa at the time, and if I'd only known about EZ back then, I'd have driven to Wisconsin for the opportunity to learn from her. Sadly, I discovered her books and videos when I came back to knitting about 10 years ago, and can only know her through those books and recordings.

Welcome to the forum, Pat. There are lots of great people here who are ready to inspire, help and enable!

Jan
Grand-moogi Posted - 01/18/2013 : 05:55:19 AM
WeLcome Pat from Australia. We do not seem to wear hand knitted socks here. Maybe because we do not have the cold climate. Anyway I do hope you enjoy the forums.

I knit a hug into every stitch
donnawatk Posted - 01/18/2013 : 04:37:28 AM
Hi Pat, I think knitted socks are warmer. That coud be its because I made them. Welcome to KR and Happy knitting. Donna
BobbiSocks Posted - 01/17/2013 : 10:15:45 PM
Another sock knitter and artist...welcome!! :)

quote:
Originally posted by pacjar

Hi fellow knitters,
My name is Pat and I am an art teacher. Over the years I have tried almost every art and craft possible but I never tried knitting. Dec of 2011 while at a JoAnn Fabrics store I realized that the only thing left was knitting so I decided to take Knitting 101 and I just love it. I can not wait to get home to knit. Right now I am learning to knit socks and having so much fun.

I am reading Clara Parkes book The Knitter's Book of Socks and that is what brought me to KR. If you have struggled with socks this book takes all the mystery out of it so you can make beautiful comfy socks.

Looking forward to meet some of you online.
Regards,
Pat

"I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul."
Shalee Posted - 01/17/2013 : 9:25:38 PM
Hi Pat. I sure wish Clara's book had been out when I started knitting socks! Are you using dp's or a circular needle? I did graduate from Clover dp needles to circular and now to a CSM (circular sock machine). Now I have time to hand knit something other than socks, which I do love doing, but there are other types of knitting I just didn't have time for! I can't imagine life without knitting!

I know you will love it here, everyone is so friendly.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe