Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Needles
 Knit Picks new Sunstruck needles

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ikkivan Posted - 07/19/2012 : 2:32:12 PM
I love the appearance of the new KP Sunstruck needles and looked them up online to see if by some miracle they were offered in all the sizes in fixed circulars ... they are not. The only way to get 32" circulars (my preferred length for magic loop knitting) for sizes bigger than sock sizes is with the interchangeables, which I do not like.

Knit Picks needles are NON-options when it comes to what I prefer.

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ditzy Girl Posted - 06/04/2013 : 3:51:05 PM
KP customer service is very good call them back
and tell them what happened.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

PuppyMom Posted - 06/04/2013 : 12:14:48 PM
I was "awe"struck by my "Sunstruck" interchangables until I made 2 projects using the same no. 8 tips. Even though I wash my hands throughly before I knit, the tips became kinda dingy, and appeared darker than their shiny, smooth non-used mates. I wrote to KP, and was told to "wash with mild soap". OK, so what I got after washing them (with super mild Woolite) were two poor needle tips with no protective coatings, resins or anything else...just bare, un-smooth, un-shiny unadulterated pointy wood sticks. Should I have finished the cleaning by putting something like lacquer on them? Any suggestions would be appriciated?
chipperknitter Posted - 07/31/2012 : 11:52:25 PM
I was so excited when I saw these needles. My Harmony interchangebles are my favorites most of the time. Pulled up the site, my CC at the ready & didn't order anything.
I was disappointed with the lack of the needle selection for the Sunstruck series. Since it's new hopefully they will add to it in the future.
Still a big fan of KnitPicks.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe