Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Lace Forum
 Help with Lace Knitting (YO every row)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jrwhiskey Posted - 06/17/2013 : 09:37:00 AM
I've knitted lace scarves and a stole or two... where there are only increases and decreases every other row. For my daughter's wedding I would like to knit a lace stole... and this pattern is lace knitting every row.
At the very beginning, on row 2 I have a YO directly above another YO (on the chart). What do I do with the YO on my needle (from row 1)? I believe I'm missing something really obvious here...
Thanks for the help!

Julie in central MD
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
yarnlover Posted - 06/20/2013 : 7:59:38 PM
I have this book too and looked at the pattern and technique info in back of book. Couldn't find any help there. I have a friend who made this shawl and I will ask her over the weekend but I think your solution may be the same thing she did. I knit a shawl from this book - can't remember the name right now - but I struggled a little with skimpy instructions.

See My Stuff: Here

anderknit Posted - 06/20/2013 : 7:41:37 PM
I was going to say that at the back of this book is a lot of information on technique. I usually ignore all that stuff, but when I made something from VLT several years ago, I found it quite useful. It sounds like you have it figured out, though. Good luck - the patterns are challenging but really interesting.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
robinstephanie Posted - 06/20/2013 : 3:54:07 PM
Let us know if you figured it out! I got the pattern from the library last night and was going to tinker...

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
jrwhiskey Posted - 06/20/2013 : 05:10:21 AM
Update... is YO and then P the YO from row 1. Should have tried this with DK yarn to play with first and save me the headaches. Maybe CO #4 will be the last :)

Julie in central MD
jrwhiskey Posted - 06/19/2013 : 05:05:20 AM
Thanks for all the good ideas - errata was already printed out <g>
I did talk to a friend of a friend who has knitted much longer than myself and she told me to purl the YO from row 1 and then YO for row 2. I will try that tonight when I CO for try #3.

Julie in central MD
Shelia Posted - 06/18/2013 : 09:21:10 AM
Be sure to check the errata - there are a number of corrections for the patterns in this book. I don't know about this particular pattern but its always good to check. It might not be you!

Shelia
www.breezyridgestudio.com
ravelry name - sheliaknits
jrwhiskey Posted - 06/18/2013 : 04:46:47 AM
Thanks Linda - I did swatch and came up with extra stitch for that repeat...
confused

Julie in central MD
LJ Posted - 06/18/2013 : 04:23:44 AM
I would swatch that section to see what happens with the YO on Row 1. It might be taken care of by the knit/purl right before the YO on Row 2.

Linda in Va

My Blog: http://wallisknits.blogspot.com
My Patterns:
jrwhiskey Posted - 06/17/2013 : 11:53:27 AM
Well - there is no text just chart. It's Myrtle Leaf Shawl from Victorian Lace Today. The first row (right side) has YO. When you turn and begin to knit row 2 (wrong side) there is another YO in the same position. The errata shows the chart on page 2.

Julie in central MD
AuntyNin Posted - 06/17/2013 : 11:37:04 AM
It's very likely that the YO from row 1 is meant to be just knit or purled on row 2, but without being able to see the pattern it's hard for me to be certain.

Is there anything in the pattern's text that mentions this?

AuntyNin

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe