Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitterly Happenings and Events
 Lambtown?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
robinstephanie Posted - 07/05/2013 : 11:38:35 AM
Does anyone know what's going on with the Lambtown festival held in Dixon, CA? Their website has disappeared and the festival is supposed to be the first weekend in October. It's getting a little late to line up a full slate of vendors, competitors, teachers, classes, etc.

It's a super sweet little local festival. I'd love to have the chance to go again, if it's on.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
auntlinda Posted - 07/14/2013 : 11:59:05 AM
Thanks so much!
robinstephanie Posted - 07/13/2013 : 10:29:55 AM
Thank you, Shelia. I've heard bits and pieces about Lexi B, but am unfamiliar with Stephanie. Your recommendation is definitely swaying me towards the class.

Lexi's class sounds tempting too, but it's an all day workshop and I'd like to have more time to walk around and see the sights.

Robinsteph

Shelia Posted - 07/13/2013 : 06:58:47 AM
You can't go wrong with a class with Stephenie Gaustad, though. She is really great, and well know for her spinning skills an teaching. I have taken classes with her on many topics (including a longer version of the flax class she's teaching at Lambtown) and have always learned a lot, while having fun too.

Lexi Boeger is supposed to be great as an instructor, but since I'm not an art yarn girl I can't comment first-hand.

Shelia
www.breezyridgestudio.com
ravelry name - sheliaknits
robinstephanie Posted - 07/12/2013 : 09:36:18 AM
OK, if anybody's curious, my Spinning Guild shared Lambtown's brand new website with me: www.lambtown.org. Looks like all the usual events are planned, but there are only two classes offered so far--but they sound like good ones. [[Edited: there are three classes, not two.]]

Robinsteph

robinstephanie Posted - 07/08/2013 : 10:24:28 AM
Thanks, Shelia, that's really interesting--sheesh, maybe I should give Morgaine a call—although I bet she'd hate that. Too bad about Oregon Flock and Fiber. Hope they got everything back up and running all right.

Purlewe, if you would just stop hogging the wayback machine and lend it to me, I could take care of this!

Robinsteph

purlewe Posted - 07/07/2013 : 06:34:21 AM
I might use the wayback machine and find the contact info and give them a call. Just to see if it was still running.

Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming. ~Myrna Loy
http://purlewe.typepad.com/
Shelia Posted - 07/06/2013 : 08:02:57 AM
I know that at Black Sheep Morgaine of Carolina Homespun was talking about it as if it was going to happen as usual.

Maybe the website got hacked. That happened to OR Flock and Fiber early this year, not only was access hacked but the whole site was sabotaged and had to be rebuilt. Hope this isn't the case, though, it's a lot of work to fix.

Shelia
www.breezyridgestudio.com
ravelry name - sheliaknits

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe