Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 hello from Madison WI and Portland OR

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kateknit Posted - 08/13/2013 : 11:17:36 AM
Hello all, I have been knitting for 55+ years, basically figuring it out on my own. In the past 2 years I have been studying techniques online. Wow! There are so many ways to make my knitting better. I just read Clara Parkes' Knitters Book of Yarn. Now I can begin to understand why some of my creations didn't really turn out. Parkes recommended Knitter's Review - and - here I am. Most of all, I need to learn beginning and ending and finishing techniques. Basically I can knit almost everything from fair-isle to lace to intricate cables and knots. It's the edges that are problematic. Example: I spent almost 50 years doing only long-tail continental cast-ons. Blah blah blah. I feel like Dorothy having landed in Oz. I hope to make new friends and keep on learning.

Kate
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
robinstephanie Posted - 08/16/2013 : 4:02:04 PM
Hi Kate--Knitting today is a bit of a fairyland isn't it? There's always a new surprise right around the corner, Welcome to KR. (:

ps: I am a HUGE Oz fan.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
ozknitter Posted - 08/16/2013 : 04:28:47 AM
Hi Kate,

Welcome from Australia, you must have started knitting when you were very young.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose
kbshee Posted - 08/13/2013 : 4:14:58 PM
Clara our Queen Bee is a genius! Welcome Kate from a bit south of you (when you're in Portland).

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
jtamsn Posted - 08/13/2013 : 4:06:27 PM
Welcome, from Maine! I have spent 50 years doing the cable cast on, now expanding my horizons a bit. With the help of the book Cast ON Bind Off, I have learned some new techniques.
judy

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe