Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 California Knitting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nicholsa Posted - 08/16/2013 : 9:25:06 PM
New to KR; been knitting about 5 years--learned from a "Learn to Knit" booklet while riding back home (Bay Area, N. CA) from Yellowstone. I really needed something to keep my hands busy while traveling! Learned to purl on a flight from CA to Midway (IL). After that, there was no stopping the fiberfest. Now teaching residents at the local shelter, parents at the children's hospital, church prayer shawl ministry. My LYS is K2Tog in Albany, CA--great teachers and owner who has a business head and generous heart. Richmond High School math teacher Lisa (great, gifted knitter!) encourages students to pass the ProFISHency exam by offering hand-knit Dead Fish Hats knit by the East Bay Knitters and others--going into 3rd year of awards, and is gaining momentum--google it to read more! Work fulltime with the Bay Area commute, so don't have nearly enough time to knit.
On the needles now: basic prayer shawl in Homespun; puzzle baby blanket for new great-nephew in Amaizing; lacy cocoon cardi for daughter in SuperSock Black Ice; stranded colorwork socks for ?? in Supersock.
I have to change my image of grandmas--when I read that someone is a grandma, I still have the mental picture of blue-haired little old ladies. However, I'm still svelte (more or less), strong, not-quite-all-grey, and grandma to 2, working fulltime and volunteering lots.
Looking forward to Knitting Lab in San Mateo in Oct/Nov.

Nichosa
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jtamsn Posted - 08/20/2013 : 1:05:35 PM
Welcome to the forums from Maine! Nothing like having grandchildren to knit for! Hope you enjoy the inspiration and comraderie found here.
judy
eldergirl Posted - 08/19/2013 : 10:30:06 PM
Hi Nicholsa, and welcome to the KR Forums!

You sound like an active and enthusiastic grandma!

That's good news for your grandkids, as is your knitting!

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
donnawatk Posted - 08/19/2013 : 09:10:40 AM
Hi Nicholsa, BIG WAVE from Chicago. Donna
robinstephanie Posted - 08/17/2013 : 11:02:10 AM
Hi, Nicholsa, welcome to KR from another Bay Area local: I'm in SF, in the Misson. Wonderful details on what's going on in your knitting world; it sounds very rich. I've been to the Internet Lab twice, and had a super time. What classes are you taking?

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe