Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Celebs, Articles, Jokes, etc.
 The lady thats mad at me

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
donnawatk Posted - 06/10/2013 : 06:54:47 AM
I was at a friends Grandmother house she is a knitter. She had a box of old patterns. I found a sweater, that I just had to make. This sweater had roses around the yoke just beautiful. I made it and was wearing it proudly. There was a lady walking thru the lab I work in who ask where I got the sweater. I told her I made it, and that's what started her to act weird. She ask who I made it for I said for myself. She then ask If I would give it to her, I said NO. A co worker was sitting near, said I better not give it away because I didn't make him socks. I have received calls about the sweater and e-mails. The last e-mail said that she would be watching and that I better not leave it on my chair anymore. Did I say I don't know her? I find her a little weird and told my boss about her and he said she had came to him about the sweater. He thought it was funny I didn't. Tell me is she weird? Donna
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
donnawatk Posted - 11/04/2013 : 05:32:33 AM
Hi all, I have not seen the lady that's wants my sweater around. We still have our lunch thief. My plants are doing well at home. You would not believe how many people have come pass asking about my fern. I even have new babies to grow that has been given to me. I have been wearing my sweater but not using like I want to. It was to be that sweater you leave at work and wear when its cold which is all the time here. Donna
Schaeferyarnlover Posted - 11/03/2013 : 3:00:24 PM
Me too!

Debra
Rwats2 Posted - 11/03/2013 : 1:50:07 PM
I would lie to know how the situation is turning out. Have not heard for a while.
donnawatk Posted - 08/21/2013 : 03:27:11 AM
I work in a Medical School next door to a Hospital. We have to use an ID to get in here. We have locks in the bath room because we had somebody who thought it was funny to spread poop on the stall doors. I think its somebody that works here. Some years back I had a co-worker who thought it was funny to pour water in the seats at your desk. She is now a doctor. She taught me well I have a leather seat now. I'm a lot older than most of the people that work here and there are a lot of things I don't find funny. I love what I do because I know what I do can help somebody live a better life. I lock my desk if I take two steps away from it. A coworker had her wallet stolen. The police came with a tape it was a repair man that can to fix a machine here. He went to a store and paid for people things in line. So I do what needs to be done talk to few and watch all. Donna
Shalee Posted - 08/20/2013 : 9:03:27 PM
Donna, you haven't mentioned how large the company is. How easily accessible is your work area? Is there a lot of traffic around your work space? Just the mention of placing security cameras might deter the thief, for awhile. If there is something he or she wants bad enough it will disappear in a flash. It is a shame that something else will be stolen before you can have proof of who is doing it.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

donnawatk Posted - 08/20/2013 : 08:49:42 AM
quote:
Originally posted by donnawatk

Anna, You would not believe what is stolen here. We have had picture frames, coats, computers, radios, and most of all lunches and even breast milk. I think it was the breast milk that open eyes up here. The mom cried and so did I, who would steal from a baby. Donna

donnawatk Posted - 08/20/2013 : 08:48:27 AM
Eldergirl, You would not believe what is stolen here. We have had picture frames, coats, computers, radios, and most of all lunches and even breast milk. I think it was the breast milk that open eyes up here. The mom cried and so did I, who would steal from a baby. Donna
eldergirl Posted - 08/19/2013 : 10:35:32 PM
Donna, the image of "cameras getting out of hand" made me giggle, but seriously, what was going on?

I'm just being nosy (I'm good at that), but other intelligent beings might want to know......

Yours curiously,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
NastiJ Posted - 08/19/2013 : 11:50:57 AM
quote:

...I was told to take my fern home because somebody had their eye on it. ...I was told that the department was going to hide cameras because things are getting out of hand. Donna

Sounds like your HR dept has finally awakened to the possibly serious ramifications of what has happened heretofore, but their actions sound like "too little, too late." Do they have any idea about the potential for violence or retribution on the part of the thief? If you feel at all threatened, I'd suggest calling your local PD to at least apprise them of the situation. HR is obviously trying to save face and hide the fact that they did not take earlier occurences seriously enough - they have let it "get out of hand" but don't want to admit it.

Nancy J.

"Learning how to knit was a snap.It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me." Erma Bombeck
donnawatk Posted - 08/19/2013 : 09:33:20 AM
I have two things I love Plants and knitting. I was told to take my fern home because somebody had their eye on it. I took it home. I'm that person with the green thumb that if a plant is sick they bring it to me. That's how I got the fern. I was told that the department was going to hide cameras because things are getting out of hand. Donna
lella Posted - 08/15/2013 : 2:46:18 PM
Joining (piling on) this a little late, here. But, the boss sounds a little to, ah .. forward, and also clueless, but that woman is truly a nutter who is very likely the one stealing from co-workers and may just be stealing from the company. I agree with others who say you should not wear your beautiful sweater to work anymore.

Lella

Zippiknits

"Life is good if you don't weaken." Calvin Coolidge
Lynne604 Posted - 07/08/2013 : 08:58:33 AM
quote:

I was at a friends Grandmother house she is a knitter. She had a box of old patterns. I found a sweater, that I just had to make. This sweater had roses around the yoke just beautiful. I made it and was wearing it proudly. There was a lady walking thru the lab I work in who ask where I got the sweater. I told her I made it, and that's what started her to act weird. She ask who I made it for I said for myself. She then ask If I would give it to her, I said NO. A co worker was sitting near, said I better not give it away because I didn't make him socks. I have received calls about the sweater and e-mails. The last e-mail said that she would be watching and that I better not leave it on my chair anymore. Did I say I don't know her? I find her a little weird and told my boss about her and he said she had came to him about the sweater. He thought it was funny I didn't. Tell me is she weird? Donna

I agree with other posters who urged you to notify HR. This woman is not merely weird, she is stalking and harassing you. Your boss needs to stop laughing and put an end to it, if he doesn't then it's a matter for Human Resources. It's too bad that you can't even wear your beautiful sweater to work. I used to keep a small hand-carved bird in my office but took it home after a co-worker who was rumored to take things kept admiring it. After being in the business world a hundred years (not really it just feels that way), I've learned never to keep anything "nice" at work.
ozknitter Posted - 06/25/2013 : 06:37:02 AM
Wow,

This lady sounds seriously scary, I would be afraid she might start stalking you and then steal the jumper.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose
donnawatk Posted - 06/18/2013 : 07:34:57 AM
We didn't get sanitary napkins from my boss just flowers. The napkins were stolen from a desk. Donna
NastiJ Posted - 06/18/2013 : 04:05:17 AM
quote:

I think everybody remove their sweaters because in the past, we all have things come up missing. I had my babies picture frame stolen, we all had lunches missing, one lady had her breast milk stolen. Who would think sanitary napkins or flowers that our boss sent us. I haven't seen her around but I did tell everybody to watch out for her. Donna

Wow! You do work in an unusual place - I've never had a boss who sent me sanitary napkins...

Nancy J.

"Learning how to knit was a snap.It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me." Erma Bombeck
donnawatk Posted - 06/18/2013 : 03:25:18 AM
I think everybody remove their sweaters because in the past, we all have things come up missing. I had my babies picture frame stolen, we all had lunches missing, one lady had her breast milk stolen. Who would think sanitary napkins or flowers that our boss sent us. I haven't seen her around but I did tell everybody to watch out for her. Donna
Schaeferyarnlover Posted - 06/17/2013 : 09:37:32 AM
Hi Donna,
Do you have any updates on the situation? Has she threatened other co-workers with theft, is that why they removed their sweaters too?

eldergirl Posted - 06/14/2013 : 11:17:08 PM
And Donna, maybe your co-workers are making moves to support you!

Whatever, it must help you to feel a little better......hope so!

This will blow over. I fantasized your wearing the lovely sweater one day, and as she walks by ogling it, you turn, glare at her, and say threateningly, "Deal with it!" .

Maybe not so good in a work environment, but good gracious, but she is out of line! (Also, doesn't it look as if she partakes of the dreadful non-knitter's mental disability called "Those Who Think Knitting Is So Simple That Anyone Can Do It, And Knitters Give Things Away, Anyway"?)

Poor woman, to be so disabled! :-)

Best wishes.

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Shalee Posted - 06/14/2013 : 1:09:46 PM
I'm surprised the management hasn't fired her. She is creating a threatening and stressful environment for you and now all of the co-workers in the office. HR needs to pull her in and have a talk with her, if nothing else.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

donnawatk Posted - 06/14/2013 : 10:56:52 AM
Today when I came to work I thought it looked funny. Then it hit me there was not a sweater or a jacket on any chair. I know now I'm not the only one watching out for her. Donna

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe