Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Hi Knitters! Where have you been?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eldergirl Posted - 08/19/2013 : 10:49:25 PM

A week ago, I was often the only knitter on KR Forums. Granted it was late at night, but it seemed as if I was one of the only two or three who posted that day, that week.

I was faithful....I kept checking in, but the "active topics" were almost nonexistent :O !

A little disheartening, but I have been a member for several years, and late summers are kind of slow.....

But two or three days ago, the "Active Topics" exploded! We have 20 posts today!

Why the sudden happy explosion? Where has "everybody" been? Why did you-all post this weekend, all of a sudden?

An Enquiring Mind would like to know !!!

Best wishes,

Anna

PS. My friends might say I was reading my Helen MacInness again ! ?

Life is beautiful.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
EmEm Posted - 09/19/2013 : 7:19:04 PM
Eldergirl, I so agree. This past weekend I logged in to find that I was the only person connected. I remember thinking that if I (at less than 100 posts) am the only one connected, we're in big trouble. I agree that the topics have been slow lately, but I was thinking that with the start of the school year and the end of summer, everyone was busy getting into a new routine. At less than 100 posts, I'm not the best communicator, but I usually log in each day to check out what's happening. Thanks for being such a good leader in the topics department.
Carolm7323 Posted - 09/19/2013 : 06:29:07 AM
Love Helen Macinnes! New to Knitters Review and really enjoy reading all the posts
crafty1mjw@comcast.net Posted - 09/02/2013 : 6:02:14 PM
I've been lazy! Sorry, eldergirl!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
knittingrunner Posted - 09/02/2013 : 4:22:56 PM
Knitting mojo has been flat since May!

This has been a summer of racing our mountain biking cumulating in the Shenandoah Mountain 100 mile race near Harrisonburg, VA yesterday.

My brain has started leaning towards fiber and re-visiting WIPs so maybe it is time to pick up the needles again.

Websurfing has started to include some more knitting sites in addition to all the biking sites...
Evelyn

Bike, Knit, (run)!
knittingbiker on Ravelry
phlame Posted - 08/24/2013 : 09:48:42 AM
I check in every day...it has been slow, but then, it is summer!

Shirley, Dana Point, CA

...I'm fairly certain that, given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

ozknitter Posted - 08/24/2013 : 05:09:49 AM
quote:
Originally posted by ozknitter

Hi,

I've been away for quite some time and when I returned I noticed there used to be much less people than there seems to be.

Also a lot of the topics are completely empty.

Knit in peace and harmony

Rose

donnawatk Posted - 08/23/2013 : 06:07:46 AM
Hi Anna, I've been here, Its seems I'm always here on early mornings. I wish I could say hi to Jane some morning we are the only two on line. Donna
Luann Posted - 08/22/2013 : 8:40:51 PM
I am not on here nearly as often as I used to be. Blame some of it on my cross-country move (now in Northern California). Now that Little Luann is back in school, I hope to be here more often!

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
flicka Posted - 08/22/2013 : 11:42:12 AM
Where I have been is: in the knitting doldrums. I have accomplished a bit of garter stitch, and the one-row scarf is perpetually on my needles. If that's not the doldrums, I don't know what is. Maybe when summer is really over I will get inspired.

flicka

anderknit Posted - 08/21/2013 : 1:00:56 PM
Minh, I did not know that you left Cambridge. Best wishes to you in your new locations, new endeavors!

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
minh Posted - 08/21/2013 : 12:12:00 PM
As some of you know, I am moving quite a bit this year! In March I moved from Boston to Dublin and in a few weeks I am moving from Dublin to London. Of course this means a lot of paperwork, packing, and to-do lists and not that much time for knitting (both posting on KR and actual knitting time). I also miss my LYS in Cambridge (Gather Here) where I used to take at least one class a week.
I hope things get a bit less hectic once I am in London and that I will be more active in the knitting community, both online and in the real world. But I did go to a Yarn Tasting last week with presentations by Debbie Bliss and Louisa Harding :)

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com
kbshee Posted - 08/21/2013 : 10:33:10 AM
Sharon--so cool!

I think what happens is that when there are no active topics, I'm less likely to interact (start a new topic, etcetera). Bad kbshee.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Shalee Posted - 08/20/2013 : 8:43:45 PM
I'm usually on more than once a day, but last week I was on VACATION!! I ran away for the week to Cape Girardeau, MO. to visit the Erlbacher Gearhart Company that makes the only Circular Sock Machines manufactured in the USA. I went down to take some classes and spend money! I had a wonderful time but by the time I got back to the motel, each night, I was exhausted. They are such wonderful people and willing to help any way they can. If you think about buying a CSM then they are the people to contact! No, I'm not affiliated with them, I just spend money there!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

jtamsn Posted - 08/20/2013 : 1:01:17 PM
I'd been wondering the same thing for awhile.
judy
Jane Posted - 08/20/2013 : 03:58:56 AM
Hi, Anna!

We've had a lot of new members joining us in the past week or so—so I think new folks are visiting established topics, posting in this section, etc. I'm happy when I see the names I clicked "yes" on becoming part of our community!

Another reason for the explosion is the KR Retreat—the emails have been received, and the excitement is just beginning to build.

I'm one who checks KR way more than I ought to, and I agree it's a little bit of a letdown to see that I'm the only person here at that moment. My guess is that it's summer, and there's a lot going on in our lives, but I miss reading about our knitting and our not-knitting.

I'm really glad you asked the question, because it made me think about being more involved than I have been—by participating, not just reading.

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe