Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Hello from Bloomington, IL

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HarriedHwfe Posted - 08/23/2013 : 05:27:52 AM
I have been knitting a long time and haven't really accomplished much. I am a very large lady and am just now learning how to make sweaters for myself. Since they have come out with the top down patterns, I am making myself a cardigan. It is wonderful! I have it almost done, I just need to do the sleeves. The cardigan is very warm and I put it away until it gets cold again. I couldn't bear to knit it in summer.
Right now, I am working on some Christmas gifts. I have 9 grandchildren and I try to do something for them each time. I have 3 great grandchildren too. I am making slouch hats for three teenage girls and a scarf for another. I want to make the scarf out of sock yarn with multiple colors running thru it. She loves scarfs and I thought that would be something different. I am going to use garter stitch and if it looks good put a lace row every couple of inches. That's an iffy project. Depends on how it looks. If I don't like it, she will get a slouch hat too. She lives in Chicago and it get cold there.
Of course, the boys always get the stocking caps. All they ever want is black, especially the older ones. I have this one pattern they all like and it is "Make me 3 of the wool hats grandma". I always lose mine." I do those off and on all winter and summer and usually have enough by Christmas.
I found this sight by accident just the other day. I'm hoping you can help me with things I have forgotten how to do and keep me up on the new ideas.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jtamsn Posted - 08/28/2013 : 10:30:03 AM
Welcome to the forums, from Maine! I love knitting for my grandchild! It is great when they really enjoy your efforts!
judy
eldergirl Posted - 08/26/2013 : 01:16:17 AM
Hi and welcome to the KR Forums, Joetta! I'm from Baltimore.

Congratulations on knitting a sweater to fit you! I have the same challenge, but have not gotten my nerve up to knit for myself stuff that is shaped. So, well done to you!

I know you will enjoy this site--we all do!

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.
Rwats2 Posted - 08/25/2013 : 4:19:15 PM
Hi Ms Joetta from the state of La (Louisiana).
Please relax and enjoy yourself.

Rebecca
ozknitter Posted - 08/24/2013 : 04:59:42 AM
Hi

Welcome to Knitters Review Forums from Australia.

Knit in peace and harmony

Rose
Shalee Posted - 08/23/2013 : 10:55:12 AM
Hi Joetta, welcome to the forum. You mentioned a scarf out of sock yarn with multiple colors running thru it. You might want to check out Plymouth's Stiletto. This is a link to what they have: https://www.plymouthyarn.com/yarn/stiletto-item-404 The "twist of sparkle" gives this yarn that added dash the kids love.

When I want to personalize a basic pattern I look at the "fantasy" yarns to give the item a bit of a "pop". When you add a 2nd yarn, held along with the basic yarn for the project, it can really change the final look. I made a beautiful lace scarf using a basic brown and added Plymouth's Eros #4132 through out the whole scarf. I held one strand of each together for the whole scarf. Boy did it make a difference. It turned out beautifully and the gold sections in the Eros really stood out.

Hint: Save all of your left-over yarn to make items that incorporate lots of different colors. The results can be stunning.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

donnawatk Posted - 08/23/2013 : 06:03:10 AM
Hi HarriedHwfe, I just getting to the sleeves of my first top down cardigan. Its my second cardigan for myself. I wish you Happy knitting. I'm from Chicago and I am working on hats and sweaters for the cold to come. This is the best place for help questions. You will love it here. Donna

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe