Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Hiya

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bakenknit Posted - 11/10/2013 : 04:54:29 AM
I just joined the Knitter's Review after reading Clara's 'Book of Yarn' which I thoroughly enjoyed and learned a lot from.
My mother taught me how to knit & purl when I was a kid and I made a few scarves and a pair of socks. When I was 18 I knit my boyfriend (now my husband of 40 yrs.) a wool sweater with a fair isle yoke. Amazingly it fit! I also knit myself an Icelandic sweater and then I didn't knit for a long, long time except for the occasional mittens or hat. A woman at work taught me how to crochet and I've crocheted mostly afghans, baby sweaters, blankets, hats, scarves, etc. but never clothing for myself except for a sweater that turned out gigantic. Gotta frog that thing. Since moving to a new neighborhood 7 yrs. ago, I took up knitting again because my neighbor is an avid knitter and she inspired me. I've done lace shawls, scarves, mobius, hats, baby sweaters, and tops for myself. I've always been good with reading directions and trying new techniques but now with the internet it's so much easier to see things being done instead of trying to figure out pictures.
I usually have 2 or 3 projects going on at the same time because I get bored doing just 1 thing. I always finish all of them, though! Right now I finished a lace shawlette that needs to be blocked (ugh), am crocheting an afghan for a Christmas present, and working on a Vera Sanon (love her designs) casual t-shirt for myself.
I think that's about it -- you're probably tired of reading this!
I'll be poking around the forums checking out what's going on.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mommyo Posted - 11/21/2013 : 6:13:23 PM
Hi Bakenknit,

I too usually have two or more projects. Right now I am starting a sweater, have a pillow cover on a crochet needle and an afghan. I just finished a sweater for my husband. Welcome looking forward to getting to know you. :)
robinstephanie Posted - 11/11/2013 : 11:54:16 AM
Hi, Bakenknit, welcome to KR, from northern California. I like having a few projects going at one time too--so many of us do. One for when I need something mindless, one for when I feel like concentrating, one portable... & etc.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
bakenknit Posted - 11/11/2013 : 10:02:12 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! Yesterday I started Ann Budd's basic mittens. sigh Now that makes 3 projects going which is my limit until I finish at least 1 of them. I do need to block that shawlette -- tomorrow's another day.

bakenknit
donnawatk Posted - 11/11/2013 : 04:28:19 AM
Hi Bakenknit, Welcome here from Chicago, I'm working my first Icelandic sweater and loving every stitch. I have decided I will make another one. I have three sets of projects going. Happy Knitting Donna
Schaeferyarnlover Posted - 11/10/2013 : 2:37:49 PM
Welcome to KR! There are great folks on here and Clara's yarn and tool reviews are exceptional. You very busy knitting swith so many projects at once but I guess I'm doing the same now what with Chritmas knitting. I have a pair of socks for hubby, second sock is on hold while I wait for a Stitch Light I ordered. A hat, almost done. And a pair of ipod gloves for my sister, I bought conductivity thread to knit or sew in the tips.
Again Welcome from the Bronx.
Debra

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe