Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Introducing Myself

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bbrahe Posted - 11/15/2013 : 12:11:30 PM
I started knitting 11 years ago after the death of my best friend in a car accident. I needed something to focus my mind and had always had an interest in learning to knit just never took the time. I instantly fell in love and have been an addict ever since. Not only do I find it meditative and have made some gorgeous items, but I've found it to be an incredible door opener to attracting new people into my life. I went to live in Kenya in 2011 and brought knitting with me. So many women came up to me in awe with the statement "you stitch". I joined this forum because I have a goal, to turn my passion for yarn and knitting into my next career. I currently am a Silicon Valley software executive that is single and just turned 50. I am ready for the next life chapter and have an idea for a new way to retail yarn that I have not seen in the market. I have shared it with a few women in the industry and the response has been very positive. They have encouraged me to reach out to the others in the knitting community to test my concept and get advice. Right right I'd like to survey small Indie Dyers about my concept and am starting to reach out to ones local to me in the Bay Area. I'd love to know your favorite less known gems so I include them in my survey activity. I also plan to follow posts on yarn favorites. I cannot think of a more supportive group then my fellow knitters as I work toward my goal of a new career in this field.

Brigid
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Schaeferyarnlover Posted - 11/17/2013 : 06:11:53 AM
Welcome Brigid from the Bronx! A new way to market yarn? I am all ears.

Debra
robinstephanie Posted - 11/17/2013 : 01:17:00 AM
Welcome to KR, Brigid, from northern California. Best of luck in your yarn career--I hope it works out for you, so you can do what you love for a living. Not enough of that!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Rwats2 Posted - 11/15/2013 : 2:44:59 PM
Hi Brigid, and welcome to the Forum from the great state of La ( Louisiana ).
Please sit, relax, and enjoy yourself. We have a lot of fun here, and there is a lot of great information.

Rebecca

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe