Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Ditzy Girl

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
VickiKK Posted - 11/16/2013 : 10:28:44 PM
My dear friend, Zola, who I met here on Knitter's Review over ten years ago has died from Cancer a month ago here in Seattle. I'm sure many of you remember her great sense of humor, love of Fran and helpfulness.

There were several of us from the Seattle area who met here on Knitter's Review and then in person and formed a Sunday knitting group that still meets every Sunday afternoon. The members have come and gone with moves, marriages, babies, etc. but Zola and I stayed and loved every new addition.

She will be missed.

Vicki near Seattle
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Luann Posted - 11/17/2013 : 11:23:55 PM
Such sad news, Vicki. Zola was a stalwart. I am thankful for the chance to know her.

Knit and let knit!
http://www.luannocracy.blogspot.com
minh Posted - 11/17/2013 : 3:39:15 PM
Vicki, thanks for letting us know. I was fortunate enough to meet Zola when I was in Seattle in 2006. She was so nice and took me around to several yarn stores.

Big hugs to you, her family and friends. She will be sorely missed by the KR community.

http://minkyknits.blogspot.com
dothead Posted - 11/17/2013 : 2:33:37 PM
Thanks for letting us know. I occasionally think about people who haven't posted in a while and I wonder if they are okay. So sorry to hear this news. Big hugs to all her family and friends.

Vicki, the Constant Lurker(who sometimes stops lurking and actually posts)
flicka Posted - 11/17/2013 : 10:52:02 AM
I am so sorry to read this. Thanks for letting us know, Vicki. I loved reading her posts and wish I had known her.

flicka
Rwats2 Posted - 11/17/2013 : 10:39:51 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Rwats2

Vicki, I am so so sorry for the loss of this great lady. I remember reading some of her posts and enjoying them all.
My heart goes out to the family and friends of hers.

Rebecca.

Rwats2 Posted - 11/17/2013 : 10:38:43 AM
Vicki, I am so so sorry for the loss of this great lady. I remember reading some of her posts and enjoying them all.
My heart goes out to the family and fiends of her.

Rebecca.
Shelia Posted - 11/17/2013 : 08:37:07 AM
I did meet Zola in person and enjoyed spending time with her several time at Madronas. She was wonderful, and will be missed. My heart goes out to her family and friends, especially you friends in the knitting group. She'll still be there with you in spirit, I know.

Shelia
www.breezyridgestudio.com
ravelry name - sheliaknits
Jane Posted - 11/17/2013 : 05:07:59 AM
Thank you for sharing this, Vicki. Zola was a part of the fabric of KR for so long—she was always kind and helpful, and she took the time to participate and add something positive to every conversation. My deepest sympathies go to her family and knitting friends.

Jane

Betty deserves everything and more: Make a Donation
Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: Flickr Album
robinstephanie Posted - 11/17/2013 : 01:26:27 AM
OH NO. I'm so sorry, Vicki. I didn't know Zola personally, only on this forum; she was always sweet to me, helpful, and supportive. She'd posted here that she'd been ill, but we hadn't heard from her in a while. I'm so sorry to hear your news. Thank you for posting and letting us know.

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe