Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 New to the Site

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
denverkat276 Posted - 11/20/2013 : 4:06:25 PM
Hi everyone. My name is Kathy. I'm fairly new to the site although I have perused it a bit here and there the last year.

I have hand knitted on and off for years. After my sister taught me the basic garter stitch, I taught myself from books. For years, I always wanted a knitting machine. I use to go weekly to the woolworth in my home town and stare at the box. I wanted it so desperately. I was a single mom so I never could afford it. It was a hundred dollars. That was the phone bill and the electric bill back then.

Feb 6, 2012 I was given some bad news. I've got stage 4 ovarian cancer. Well, It is what it is. I'm not in remission but I have stabilized. I haven't needed chemo in a year so I'm maintaining.

With me home a lot the first year, the interest in machine knitting became very strong. So, I found a cheap model and played with it quite a bit. This year, I got a great deal on a brother 910. It was still wrapped in plastic, so I couldn't resist.

I've joined the site, because I want to leave some afghans and some personal items for my daughters and my grandchildren. I think, like my grandmother made me a quilt, I want to make sure that they all get a beautiful blanket and maybe a big wooly sweater to keep them warm the rest of their lives. It's silly I guess, but it keeps my mind and my hands busy when I'm not up with dealing with the world.

So, don't be surprised if I ask a lot of dumb questions. I don't know very much about the machines but I really want to learn. I know that forums like this are wonderful for meeting people and enjoying the common interest.

Thanks and I hope to get to know a lot of you. I hope I wasn't too wordy.
God bless you all
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
denverkat276 Posted - 11/23/2013 : 4:40:43 PM
Thank you Robin. Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Robin, I do hand knitting too. A matter of fact, I started a pink Chenille scarf last night. It's so soft and pretty. I'm just doing the basic garter stitch. I love knitting, crocheting, and getting into machine knitting.

Thank you for the welcome. It's much appreciated.
robinstephanie Posted - 11/23/2013 : 11:05:10 AM
Hi Kathy--Welcome to KR. I don't think your idea is silly in the least, I think it's wonderful, and it's clearly meaningful to you, and will be so for your children. This is a wonderful introduction. I look forward to reading your posts, although I do not know a thing about knitting machines!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
Rwats2 Posted - 11/22/2013 : 4:37:16 PM
Hi Kathy, and welcome to the KR Boards. Thank you for the wonderful introduction. I cannot wait to hear about all of your projects. This is a great group of people. You have a question or a need, and there is always a solution.
denverkat276 Posted - 11/21/2013 : 8:03:50 PM
Thank you so much Anna. Being new, I didn't really realize there was a difference I thought the introduction was for everything on the site. Since I still hand knit quite frequently when I'm bored and in bed I'll leave this here, then I will certainly repost and maybe cut it down quite a bit in the machine knitting area. Thank you
eldergirl Posted - 11/21/2013 : 03:30:01 AM
Hi Kathy, and welcome to the KR Forums. You wrote a beautiful post, and it was not too wordy at all!

Could I suggest that you repost at the "Machine Knitting" forum so that machine knitters will see it and respond? Maybe change it a little ?

Sending all my best wishes for as much wellness as can be mustered at this difficult time. Bless you.

Anna

Life is beautiful.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe