Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Hello!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
patriciajane Posted - 01/03/2014 : 11:10:08 AM
Hi everyone, I'm Patricia and I live in British Columbia Canada (not far from Seattle, so it's rainy but rarely snowy!)
My younger sister taught me to knit (she is left-handed like me), and our grandmother taught her to knit. I had put down my needles for over ten years but took it up again about four years ago.
I love the craft, and am especially interested in developments at the local/small mill/company level.
I look forward to learning and participating in the forums.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kookatsoon Posted - 01/22/2014 : 1:36:55 PM
Hi Patricia...

Welcome...I too am new to this forum...and live relatively close by in the Yukon, just outside of Whitehorse. There are no yarn shops here...I just use my trunk of stashes...
I am rekindling my interest in machine knitting, having graduated 30 years ago from the KNIT DESIGN 2 year program at Sheridan College in Oakville Ontario...I do a bit of hand knitting too...but SLOWLY...
have fun on this forum...it looks AWESOME
JANIS IN THE YUKON
robinstephanie Posted - 01/08/2014 : 10:04:03 AM
Hi, Patriciajane, welcome to KR from San Francisco. I am interested in my local yarn and fiber sources too. A new wool mill just got funded in Indiegogo and will hopefully be opening up shop in mid-California sometime soon. I hope this results in more locally-processed yarns for us. For locally processed fiber, I go to Lambtown in Dixon, CA. Lots of great California fiber vendors there.

What's nearby you?

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
emmyc Posted - 01/04/2014 : 05:11:06 AM
Welcome from Boston Patricia Jane! Really snowy here right now.
This is just the best place for any thing and everything knitting. You'll love it.

emmyc
winchester ma

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe