Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 New to site

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
moonglow225 Posted - 12/29/2013 : 10:20:06 AM
Hi all. I’m Linda--screen id moonglow225--and I live in Dallas, TX.
I’m a retired teacher (French and history), but more importantly, I am a 7-1/2 year SURVIVOR (!!!) of late stage Ovarian Cancer. That is a horrible disease which most women don’t think about--nor doctors for that matter. Learn the symptoms--you could save your life. You can find symptoms here http://www.ovariancancer.org/about-ovarian-cancer/symptoms/

Have been knitting for years--usually sweaters or scarves; also crochet, but knitting is what I love. Also love fashion sewing—recently made a Daenerys Qarth Dress (Game of Thrones) for my 23 year old daughter’s Halloween costume. She won most original creation. For the last year I started making jewelry after taking Aga Kruk’s Craftsy class. So, I guess you could say I love the creative process.

Usually when I knit I am in front of the TV. I tend to “watch” something that requires neither thought nor constant visual attention--I guess it is almost like listening to the radio Usually it is Netflix so I can watch British TV series which I absolutely love. I can’t imagine doing without British TV series! I think they are so much better than most of our American shows. I’ve also discovered that Canadian series are very well done, too. And, if not opposed to subtitles, try out Swedish (Wallander) and Danish (The Eagle) series on Netflix. Not to condemn the Masterpiece series, but I personally found the Swedish Wallander series surpassed it.
Looking forward to fun knitting :-)

Looking forward to knitting with all of you!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
robinstephanie Posted - 01/04/2014 : 1:12:50 PM
Hey, Linda, welcome to KR from northern California. A friend at work was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer several years ago. She is also a survivor, for about three years now, god bless'er.

Thanks for the tips on good TV shows. I love British TV, and can always use good suggestions!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
jrpalermo Posted - 01/02/2014 : 07:38:41 AM
Hi Linda,
Welcome! I'm 66 and a knitter since childhood in Massachusetts. Now from Dayton, Ohio and my new year's resolve is to read these forums more often. We have 3 children, two of whom have moved to Austin TX in the last year and a half so I have to explore lighter yarns if I want to gift them. Actually, they love getting socks and this Christmas I knit some gloves using silk, merino fingering weight yarn that I hope they can use on those colder days.
jtamsn Posted - 12/29/2013 : 6:30:14 PM
Welcome to the forums, from Maine! You must be one strong and resilient lady as an ovarian cancer survivor! I worked on a woman's survival unit a number of years ago, and know how devastating that disease can be. I think you will like the knitting inspiration and comraderie found here.
Judy

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe