Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Hi Everyone at KR!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Stephaniepeterson Posted - 02/22/2014 : 07:26:34 AM
Hi, my name is Stephanie and I'm from ohio. My sister in law taught me to knit several years ago. But she lives in Colorado and I live here Ohio, so I got myself some books and started the adventure. It was a happy day when I discovered the knitting videos on the internet!!! I knit and crochet. I go slow but I really enjoy it and this year I started my knitting basket project. I purchased a replica basket at a fiber show, the kind used in the wool factories, where the yarn would be stored. These baskets would be stacked and can hold a lot of yarn!!! So, I picked out my patterns I wanted to work on this year and put them together with the yarn in individual bags so they are ready to go. (Actually, the dresser where I store my yarn is out of space.). I am hoping it will keep my yarn purchases under control. But that is a subject for another day. I love the colors, I just want all the colors. My husband built me a beautiful cabinet for my yarn but it has become the book case for all the knit and crochet books. I try to keep it organized. It is a truly enjoyable hobby.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marfa Posted - 03/01/2014 : 11:33:17 AM
How do.

Yay for another Ohio-ian. While I live in PA, I am from Portsmouth, OH.

Welcome to KR. The baskets you have sound quite wonderful.

Look forward to your posts on the Forum.

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
jtamsn Posted - 03/01/2014 : 05:18:18 AM
Welcome, from Maine! I too learned to knit from my sister in law......when I was 8 years old. Now I find that I share new techniques and ideas with her. (I was 8over 50 years ago).
Judy
Stephaniepeterson Posted - 02/22/2014 : 5:45:14 PM
Rachel, thanks for the info on the show. I will check it out. Is there a way for me to post a picture here? If not, I could email you a picture of the basket. It's made of ash split and has simple poplar handles and legs. My husband wants to replace them with another wood but they are stained so they blend nicely. It stands 22" tall and has a 17" diameter at the top but the bottom tapers into a rectangle at the bottom so it would fit into another basket and it has a decorative band of weaving about 2/3 rds of the way up. I bought it at the fiber show in Dayton from a lady who hand made it. She was the one who told me about the baskets being used at the wool factories because they allow the wool to breathe and could be stacked.
purlthis Posted - 02/22/2014 : 3:00:31 PM
Hey Stephanie, I'm in Columbus. If you can go to A Wool Gathering at Young's Jersey Dairy, go. It's my favorite Ohio show. A Knitter's Fantasy is okay, but not as good for the drive.

I'd like to know more about your basket!

Rachel
------------------------------------------------------
As I get older, I prefer to knit. Tracey Ullman
Stephaniepeterson Posted - 02/22/2014 : 2:12:05 PM
Wow, a whole angora fleece! Do you spin? I have not tried any of the spinning or dying. I am concerned that would become another obsession. Shopping for yarn, yes, now when we go places I always want to know if there is yarn in the neighborhood. That is how I came upon Knitters Review, I was looking for some shows to go to in Ohio. I found two that are around an hour away for this year. I know the bigger ones are by the Cleveland area but that is about 4 hour drive for me. So I would need to plan an overnight. I've bought some reclaimed yarn recently from Etsy vendor. I was very pleased. I was looking for some cashmere blends and she had several. I have some sweaters of my own I could reclaim but I've never tried. The fibre shows are such fun, I love when they bring the lamas. They are so soft to pet.
Shalee Posted - 02/22/2014 : 11:05:57 AM
Hi Stephanie, I'm just next door in PA. Like you, I have lots of yarn and a special bookcase for yarn and another for books and small tools. I have a plastic zip up bedspread holder that has an angora fleece in it, along with some smaller amounts of wool and silk. The problem I face now, concerning yarn purchases, is that my DS's girl friend is a new knitter and I am an enabler. I take her shopping!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe