Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Stash management
 We are planinng a yard sale which will ...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marfa Posted - 05/24/2014 : 2:34:28 PM
include the selling some of my stash.

How do.

I go on clean out phases & am in one now. We are having a yard sale in 2 weeks & I tho't it would be a cool time to clean out the stash. There are odds & ends of yarn which will go to the KR Retreat for the stash lounge. I would like to sell some of the full skeins - single skeins like Cascade 220, a Lamb's Pride Bulky, some Regia sock yarn, some mohair, some yarns some non-knitting friends have given me. All the skeins have the labels on them. Have I given you an idea of my goal?

What criteria do I use for pricing them? I know I will not make back my original money investment & I would like to make some $$s.

Promise to let you know how it goes.
Martha
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
flicka Posted - 05/26/2014 : 5:00:05 PM
That sounds like a yard sale I'd love to attend. I think we've had a discussion in here about being fooled by "yard sale" signs, thinking they say "yarn sale". You will be having both!

If you can count on knitters attending, your prices can be reasonable. If not, I think most people are looking for a tremendous bargain. You could check out your local thrift stores to see how they have priced yarn. (Sometimes there is good stuff. Even if it is all Red Heart, you will get an idea of the market price of that, and proceed from there.) In my area, thrifts would charge maybe $2 a ball for sock yarn with label.

Is selling on Ravelry an alternative for you? I've never bought or sold there, but maybe someone else here can give advice about that.

Good luck, and I will enjoy reading about your sale.

flicka

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe