Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Super Duper Basic Beginner Talk
 Machine for knitting worsted hats & scarves

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LindaTX Posted - 02/02/2011 : 09:02:23 AM
I have a large collection of worsted weight yarn and would like to knit hats and scarves as a charity project. I have never used a knitting machine but think it would be a great way to speed knit these items. Any suggestions on specific machines you would suggest for a newbie to do this project? Thanks for your help with this question. Linda
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
amoonsinger Posted - 03/30/2011 : 10:34:38 AM
For worsted weight yarns a chunky/bulky machine. There are the brothers KH230 manual machine, or KH260 punch card machine, and KH270 electronic machines.

There are also other brands, such as Toyota, studio-singer-silver reed, and many others. So search around on your local craigs list, ebay, and internet searches for various machine selling.

Prices vary depending on who is selling the machine, if it has been refurbished, or not and the model of the machine. Some models just are more expensive as they are more in demand.

Now unless you get a machine with a ribber to do circular knitting the machines all make fabric flat that has to be seamed to finish them off.

There are also Innovations and Addi Express machines (Addi comes in two sizes with a row counter) which do hats in the round. So you don't have to do much but finish off both edges. The Innovations machine is fairly inexpensive while the Addi is very expensive for a circular machine.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe