Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Reader's Corner
 What are you reading now?
 Harry Potter

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lynn4MK Posted - 08/18/2012 : 08:26:27 AM
After seeing the last two movies on HBO, I decided I needed to read the books to get a fuller understanding of the back story. I'm really enjoying them. I've finished the first 3 and am about a quarter of the way through Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Lynn in Syracuse NY
Lynn4MK on Twitter & Ravelry
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
NastiJ Posted - 09/09/2012 : 1:22:00 PM
did you all know there are whole websites devoted to knitting AND Harry Potter? I made my granddaughter a Snitch (the flying game "ball" for the imaginary game of Quidditch) a couple of years ago - her college had a Quidditch league. http://www.freshislefibers.com/Patterns/hpknittinglinks.htm is just one of several places to find patterns.

Nancy J.

"Learning how to knit was a snap.It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me." Erma Bombeck
Nanaknit Posted - 09/09/2012 : 11:21:42 AM
I'm so glad that they finally released the HP ebooks. Now that I have them on my Kindle (and on the Amazon cloud) I'm thinking about donating my books. I'm with everyone else who said that they hated to see the series end.

Linda

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Margie Posted - 09/08/2012 : 7:04:52 PM
I have read all the books and do *not* want to see any of the movies. I have it in my mind what the Common Room looks like and other places. I'm happy. Several years ago I had a donated HLP movie which my husband tested for the library before I gave it to them. (Honest, videos need testing and he's willing to do a lot) I walked past and looked at one teacher and said, "Snape." It was, but he didn't look like what I had him in my head. That's as much as I've seen of the movies -- maybe 5 seconds.

I own all the books and won't loan them out. Loved it when one of the books came out and the next day I went to the bookstore to pick up my copy. The man in front of me and the man behind me, all three of us adults, were buying HP. For ourselves.

I get it donated to the Friends of the Library for the booksale and offer it to the Children's Room first. Who would give HP away? I don't give my EZ away or my hardback Barbara Walkers.

Margie and Mimi (my hearing dog who doesn't knit -- yet)

robinstephanie Posted - 08/18/2012 : 11:01:53 AM
HP is really fun and hard to put down. I found reading books really helped me to make more sense of the movies and to enjoy them more. I feel kind of sad and let down, now that all the movies are out. After seven books and eight movies, I still want more Harry!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe