Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Machine Talk
 Standard Gauge Machines
 Transfer lace pattern to punch card

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Chainstitcher Posted - 10/22/2012 : 07:49:55 AM
I have knitted lace on the electronic 940 (Compuknit IV) with the built in pattern for lace #168. When my 940 is busy with the G-Carriage, I would like to create this same lace on the Brother 881. I have punched a card using the layout in the book, but it is not working properly. The pattern is only 20 stitches wide and I centered it on the 24 stitch card, but I am not getting the proper needles selected on the 881. Is there anyplace online I can go for a tutorial on how to create this? I have become obsessed accomplishing this. I hope someone can either help me or tell me it is not feasible and to just hang it up! :-)
Ruth
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chiral Posted - 10/26/2013 : 1:45:20 PM
A 20 stitch pattern repeat just won't work on a 24 stitch card for lace because some stitches won't transfer properly. Pattern 159 is only 12 stitches wide so you can repeat it to fit a 24 stitch card and it looks similar.

I use "The Harmony Guide to Machine Knitting Stitches" all the time as inspiration for punchcard knitting. All the patterns are 24 stitch and the lace section is very good, whether you have a Knitmaster or Brother lace carriage. This book is often available on eBay or in good book shops.

Steve

Steve
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chiral1/

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe