Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 Monkey Business

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nanaknit Posted - 11/17/2012 : 09:49:50 AM
I have already made one of these blasted monkeys-the pattern isn't difficult, it just requires concentration. It took me forever and a lot of frogging to get the monkey's tush done right, lol. Now I have committed to make two more as Christmas gifts. My daughter says I'm a glutton for punishment. Anybody else have a project for the holidays that drives you crazy?

Here is the link to the pattern page:
[http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/monkey-jacobus]

Linda

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."
-Eleanor Roosevelt
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Nanaknit Posted - 11/17/2012 : 8:04:22 PM
I made "Sparkle Monkey" for my boss and she loved it. My daughters saw it and assured me that my 17 year old granddaughter would love one. My nephew heard about the monkey and said he would LOVE a sock monkey. I had so much fun blinging out the first one that it was almost worth the fuss. I am hoping that #2 and #3 go easier and I know they will be loved when done. My nephew is going to get a soldier monkey that's dressed up just like his Uncle Mike. I guess some "labors of love" are well worth the trouble

Linda

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Grand-moogi Posted - 11/17/2012 : 6:46:09 PM
That monkey is really cute 'though. It is an important feature about toys. You do sometimes see some which are not cute. Then all the work in the world will not make them loveable. Maybe the second and third will go more quickly because you have mastered the pattern. When my daughter was little, an elderly lady gave her a rag doll she had made. We did not know her. I think no-one else in her family and friends would take it. She heard that the school principal had a little girl so she gave it to him. It was so ugly. It was done in bright yellow and red. The bright yellow face had red features sewn on it. She even appliqued a nose shape and embroidered nose holes. It was ghastly. All that work to make an ugly doll that no little girls would like.

I knit a hug into every stitch
anderknit Posted - 11/17/2012 : 10:40:18 AM
No, I refuse to undertake those. Holiday knitting should be a joy to do, a joy to give, and hopefully a joy to receive. So I make "Just Enough Ruffles" scarves and men's hats (somehow they love them but never buy them for themselves). I tend not to knit for kids - too picky, and too "honest"!

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe