Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Needles and Security
 Knitting Needles and Security

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jbaesquire Posted - 01/03/2013 : 3:22:19 PM
I fly fairly frequently and have never been asked to put my needles away. In fact, there's never been an issue with having the needles (or blunt nosed scissors) but for one Virgin Atlantic flight from London back to the U.S. where they said my wooden size 2 DP sock needles were sharp and dangerous (assuming I could even get close enough to someone to do damage with them.) When I pointed out that Virgin Atlantic had no problem with me flying from the U.S. to London wtih the needles, gate agent told me that they have "different" and "more stringent" rules in London.... Luckily, suitcase was still on the stand so I was able to pack everything in there!!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ceil Posted - 12/31/2013 : 3:09:19 PM
The system works.

I've been through security four times in the last 24 hours (got bumped twice, got two vouchers for future flights!) with one pair of US 10 Addi Lace clicks, with no problems. At DEN, I took the tips off and connected the cable ends. In PHL, I left the tips on the cables. No problems at all. Plus, I have a set of US5 Hiya Hiya metal dpns with me. No questions asked! HTH,

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
kkknitter Posted - 08/25/2013 : 04:19:53 AM
That is too bad. I flew back and forth to Sweden this Summer, and knitted the whole way. I switch to bamboo needles size 1 for the trip just in case, and packed extras in my suitcase.

Kristina
CrystalCactus Posted - 08/25/2013 : 03:42:52 AM
I wasn't so lucky flying back to the U.S. from Dublin. Security took my new set of Knit Picks interchangeable needles, with extra points and cables. The security person didn't even know what they were, and had to check with 4 different people! I pointed out that American airlines allowed me to knit all the way over to Ireland, and I was flying American, so why not now? Anyway, they wasted so much time that my baggage was already on the plane. A gate agent said she would try to mail them to me, but that didn't happen, I flew home with a black cloud over my head.
purlthis Posted - 08/18/2013 : 4:55:29 PM
I had to "donate" sock needles that were Addis in Cancun. I had a nearly identical 3 or 4 identical circulars in my carry on, also. I. Was. Hot.

Rachel
------------------------------------------------------
As I get older, I prefer to knit. Tracey Ullman
fargoflash Posted - 08/17/2013 : 7:32:29 PM
I flew to and from Paris in June with knitting needles in my carry on and had no problems.

Janet Shark Frisch

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe