Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Stash management
 Where is that phone?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Grand-moogi Posted - 02/07/2013 : 04:40:30 AM
We really have to sort out that stash. I think we have lost a phone in it! This house is large and we have a phone with the base and five extensions. The one for the craft room has disappeared. I expect it is in a plastic crate with yarn. It probably fell in there. So we have to go through them all - there would be nearly 20 of them - and find that jolly phone. Can't ring it as its battery must be flat.
Good grief, I can't believe it myself. Fancy losing your phone in your stash. What else could be hidden in it?

I knit a hug into every stitch
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Grand-moogi Posted - 02/10/2013 : 5:04:21 PM
So far I have sorted through about 6 or 8 crates and no sign of the phone. The kitten is helping me. She is such great help as you can imagine. We - daughter and I decided that this time we will sort largely by colour. In the past we have sorted by weight and type. Now I have a crate for cottons, a crate for unopened bags - we get the yarn in bags of ten 50 gram balls. 50 grams is just under 2 ounces. I have a huge crate of unopened bags and more that is the same and has been rebagged because of the quantity. Then we have crates for white/cream; black/grey; yellow; orange; fawn/brown; red/maroon/pink; mauve/purple; green; blue and multicoloured.
There are also about 3 crates full of UFOs. I am talking about large plastic boxes on casters (little wheels). That is about 15 crates although I will end up putting some together as they are not totally full. Actually it is not a bad way to sort it because it makes it easy to see if there is a ball that belongs with a UFO. Maybe I could lose the cat in one of the crates.
I guess I have to go through the crates of sewing materials now.

Shalee Posted - 02/09/2013 : 10:16:39 PM
Have you looked in the dryer? The fridge? A big sauce pan? Give it time, you know the kitten knows where it is and being resourceful will get to it!

As to the phone, have you found it yet? Mine was in the fridge once!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Grand-moogi Posted - 02/09/2013 : 7:04:40 PM
Talk about following the wool trail. We have a four month old kitten who got hold of my knitting and dragged it across the family room floor, across the kitchen and out to the entrance foyer. I grabbed it from her - had to fight her for it and quickly gathered it up as we were going somewhere. I put it somewhere high up where she could not get at it.
You guessed it. Now I do not know where it is.

robinstephanie Posted - 02/07/2013 : 09:18:30 AM
Freaking hysterical. I do hope you find it in one of the first few bins!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
donnawatk Posted - 02/07/2013 : 05:54:30 AM
I hope my kids don't see this post. Im always being told by my daughter if I get lost that she will follow the yarn trail. I hope you find your phone. Donna

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe