Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Ceil from Denver

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ceil Posted - 03/23/2013 : 9:42:26 PM
Now you know, I have well over 1500 posts or something here, and have been a KR member for several years, but I've NEVER before introduced myself. So I thought I would say how encouraging it is to see new folks joining here. KR is SO accessible! I love coming here to get information, but lately I come here to GIVE information when I can. Such was the case tonight.

I regret to say I am NOT knitting right now. I've been working hard on a music-instruction book since the new year, and can't let anything derail me. And just a few minutes ago, I found some edits that need to be performed on 20 pages! (This after paying someone $15/hr. to check my music theory. That was a couple years ago; I can't believe I am still finding errors in this chapter, and I'm feeling kind of screwed over. Thank God for music-theory listserves on the Internet.) A couple days ago my first editor from almost 30 years ago(!) came back into my life, and I need her eye desperately. I am eager to create with yarn, but right now these book issues need to be fixed. And I thought I was done tonight! I keep telling myself that each chunk that gets done will never have to be done again.

Pray that I will get back to knitting soon! In the meantime, I'll come here to visit and see who I can help out. Best to all!!

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ceil Posted - 04/30/2013 : 7:09:48 PM
Hey, I'm in the middle of editing my book. Three chapters down, two to go, and then when all of that is approved, I can start the index. Found a printer, too. AND I started knitting a pair of socks about ten days ago. It's nice to have something else to do, although I'm not in a rush. Pretty much enjoying that experience.

Ceil
Ceil Posted - 04/14/2013 : 8:30:13 PM
YIKES! I forgot to come here and let you all know that my book manuscript was mailed out for editing on April 6! And last night I started knitting a pair of socks!! And I just now ordered an iPad, a gift given 523 days ago and just now realized!

Ceil
Ceil Posted - 04/04/2013 : 8:19:49 PM
My final phase of editing the book is DONE! Now to print and send to the editor. I'll have to pass up a sale at our LYS this weekend. I think.

Ceil
Ceil Posted - 03/31/2013 : 9:01:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by crafty1mjw@comcast.net

Hi, Ceil! Hope u can get back to knitting very soon!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!

ME, TOO!
After major surgery on the book the last two weeks, it's looking more ready to send out. I even fixed one page whose graphics were making one page take 24 minutes to print. Now it's under a minute.

We're going to South Dakota in early May, driving, and I hope to knit in the car then. Still a lot to do book-wise.

Thanks, all for the good wishes! I'll get back to the needles soon.

Ceil
crafty1mjw@comcast.net Posted - 03/28/2013 : 2:18:32 PM
Hi, Ceil! Hope u can get back to knitting very soon!

craftymjw

Keep on knitting!
A balanced diet is a peanut butter cookie in each hand!
robinstephanie Posted - 03/28/2013 : 08:46:38 AM
Hi Ceil--Hope the book fixes are made and done. It's disappointing when professionals hired to do a job don't do it very well, whatever the task may be. I'm in publishing, and I've hired the occasional copyeditor who inserts errors into a text instead of taking them out. Thank goodness for your new editor; hopefully she'll be some fresh eyes on the book. Good luck!

Robinsteph

Different is good. ~Matthew Hoover
SusanHigley Posted - 03/28/2013 : 07:04:41 AM
Hi Ceil,

I am a new member here. Just fiquring out how to get around on forums. Thank you for your introduction! What a pleasure and delight to see how your artistic side plays in other areas in your life.

May your book in music be blessed and superspecial as you continue to pour your soul and knowledge into it in a creative , informational way.

I will look you up on Ravelry.

Your friend,
Susan
Ceil Posted - 03/25/2013 : 9:28:05 PM
Nope, can't do global replace, at least not for what I had to do. It turns out that I'd used a bunch of tables in InDesign, most of which changed in the number of rows.

The good news is that I've just now finished the major surgery! Now to do some smaller things tomorrow, and maybe I can mail this manuscript out two days from now.

Absolutely thrilled!

Ceil
Grand-moogi Posted - 03/25/2013 : 6:10:48 PM
Hi Ceil, Lovely to hear the background. The person sort of come to life a lot more when you know something of them. Can you do global replace things in a music book?

I knit a hug into every stitch

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe