Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Stuck on a Pattern
 Pattern Clarity

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
buhay Posted - 08/06/2013 : 1:14:08 PM
On the back when you start binding off (for armhole) the directions say......bind off for armhole EACH side 3sts at the beginning of every row 1 time. Then 2sts 7 times and 1st 4 times. Do I decrease on the on the purl AND knit row or only on the knit row?????? I finished the back doing it every other row. Now I'm on the front and am wondering if I'm
doing it right.....

On the front band...... when it says work 2 rows garter st on the 8 front band st only. Continue on all sts, at the same time dec 1 st inside front band sts. every 1/8" a total of 22 times. I did the 2 rows of garter sts once and finished the front. Nowhere does it say repeat this step for the whole front band.(I suspect that is what I should have done judgeing by how it looks finished)

I have been away from knitting for many years but have found it again.Years ago I never had a pattern that I couldn't figure out.This pattern Drops 112-26 looked very easy. Love the pattern...Love this site...HELP.....
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eldergirl Posted - 08/06/2013 : 8:10:18 PM
Hi, and welcome to the KR Forums, buhay!

I sounds to me as if your sweater back is OK. You actually decrease at the beginning of every row, knit and purl, but it ends up on each side of the sweater, to be every other row.

I find my mind begins to frazzle when I see the dreaded words "at the same time.....", and my solution is to go to my graph paper and draw it, at least a few rows, to be sure I can see the logic of it. You do have the experience and sense to do it! Also, the shaping you are doing is called the "armscye" of the garment, and it has a dependable curve. So lay out flat your sweater back--pin it out if you have to, at least in the armscye area: the curve should be sharp at the bottom, becoming more and more gradual until mid-armscye, then straight. Look at another sweater or blouse with shaped sleeves, and check it out.

That's what I mean by the logic of the shaping.

And on your fronts, it looks to me as if the instructions may be inadequate, but you can figure it out, again by the spatial logic. You do the garter stitch on 8 stitches. Could the "2 rows" be named because of a buttonhole placement?

You can tell I'm a spatial thinker, but I bet you can see this.....I hope you can! Words can't hack it, sometimes!

I'm sure others will post to help you, too, so you'll be fine! As Elizabeth Zimmerman said, "Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises".

Best wishes,

Anna

Life is beautiful.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe