Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Introducing myself...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Linda R M Posted - 02/20/2014 : 08:02:54 AM
Hi all,
Just joined this forum after reading about Clara's career path in an old Vogue Knitting magazine. I've admired Clara's smart, informed yarn discussions on Knitting Daily (and miss her on new episodes), so I think I will learn a lot from joining this site, from her and from you all.

I taught myself to knit years ago from a Reader's Digest needlework book, but didn't get serious about it until my daughter learned in college and got me interested again. I mostly knit smaller items - hats, mittens, socks, scarves, toys, and little accessories. I love casting on a new project and even enjoy the finishing details. I have completed a few sweaters.but I get bored with longer term commitments. (I also struggle with hand and finger pain from long bouts of repetitive motion - would be interested in any tips to help with that.) I love looking at other knitters' projects on Ravelry, so look forward to sharing ideas and inspiration on this forum.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jtamsn Posted - 03/01/2014 : 05:19:50 AM
Welcome , from Maine! Lots of support and inspiration to try new techniques here!
Judy
marfa Posted - 02/22/2014 : 2:42:35 PM
How do.

Welcome, Linda, & thanks for telling us about yourself.

There are always hints & experiences others have that can give us assistance. Here's something that works for me: I have a few projects going that involve a variety of yarns & needle sizes. My hands are pretty much pain free if I remember to alternate what is on the needles.

This has helped me for many years & I am grateful still for the moment when that became clear to me. Recently I was working on a shawl that I really really wanted to finish & so I neglected my other projects. D'oh, my hands began to ache. I remembered what worked, switched projects & waa la, my hands are better.

Martha

http://marfasmewsings.blogspot.com
Shalee Posted - 02/20/2014 : 4:05:02 PM
Hi Linda and welcome to the forum from cold NW PA. Since you mentioned small projects and toys I thought of Phoeny's patterns. Here is the link to all her darling patterns. www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/phoenixknits-on-ravelry

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe