Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 eureka...no more twisted yarn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nittinnut Posted - 04/04/2014 : 3:12:38 PM
I don't know about you but I hate my yarn to twist. I'm using a nice wool but am constantly having to untwist the yarn. Suddenly my experience as an industry safety inspector came back to me. In metal drawing where heavy-duty wire is unwound from a reel and fed into another machine, it is threaded through a snarl switch. If the wire kinks/twists the little bit if pressure from the snarl switch allows it to be straightened.

So, I've made a snarl switch by putting a couple of stitch markers on the yarn. If a twist makes it to the markers, it gently untwists the yarn as it goes through. So far so good!!!

Linda
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
donnawatk Posted - 04/07/2014 : 08:05:09 AM
Thanks, Ill have to try this. I have the sleeve of a ink pen. I take its the weight from the stitch markers that keep thing on order?
azblueskies Posted - 04/07/2014 : 07:25:38 AM
Great idea! And I never thought of threading two yarns through a tube...another great idea. Thanks, ladies!

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
Reminder to myself: PROVISIONAL cast on for EVERYTHING except toe-up socks.
Ceil Posted - 04/05/2014 : 10:11:42 PM
??? Not sure I'm visualizing this right. Would you post an action photo somewhere?

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.
ikkivan Posted - 04/05/2014 : 07:04:15 AM
Hmmm, if I'm visualizing this correctly, perhaps this is the reason my yarn has little or no twisting when I am holding two yarns together as one ... I always thread them through a small plastic tube (from cover over a disposable syringe) to help them feed evenly to my hands. Is this a similar thing? If so, I may need to do that for just one strand, too.

Thanks for the tip!

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe