Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Stuck on a Pattern
 Rosebuddie baby blanket/shawl question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ikkivan Posted - 07/21/2014 : 08:13:09 AM
Can anyone who is familiar with this Anne Hanson pattern help me determine the "multiple of x" stitches required for the edging? I think it needs to be a multiple of 6 or 12, but I'm having a heck of a time figuring it out, and may be totally off track. This info is probably out there somewhere, but I'm overlooking it somehow.

I began making the large size, but may have to eliminate some rounds on the final D chart (rambler section) and begin the edging early. So I need to figure which round ends with a stitch count that will work.

I have posted this question on the KnitSpot group on Ravelry, but as yet have no answer.

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dschmidt Posted - 07/30/2014 : 4:22:50 PM
Great!

Donna in VA

The Honor Roll? It's easier here than in school. Scroll up to "Want to Make Betty Happy?" and be an Honor Roll member.
ikkivan Posted - 07/29/2014 : 2:32:41 PM
Hooray ... I did today receive the answer from the designer! I'm on my way.

Donna, with intentions always bigger than her available time. (OkieDokieKnitter on Ravelry)
ikkivan Posted - 07/29/2014 : 06:24:01 AM
Yes, Donna, I want to start the edging early; I began making the large size, but it is plenty big enough and I am wanting to stop it early. I DID ask this question on the designer's Ravelry group, AND have e-mailed her privately, but still no answer ... I do understand she is very busy right now opening a "real" shop. I'm willing to wait a bit and do other knitting meantime.

It's hard to believe that no one has knit this pattern before and wanted to stop at an "in-between" point. I'm usually pretty good at figuring this stuff out, but because of the way the edging is worked I don't trust my brain on this one.

Because this is not a free pattern, I'm not sure how much of the pattern design I can explain without infringing on copyright stuff ... does anyone know that?

dschmidt Posted - 07/29/2014 : 04:14:36 AM
Are you having to figure this out since you are beginning the edging early? I don't know the pattern so could you give the details of the edging pattern so we can help.

Donna in VA

The Honor Roll? It's easier here than in school. Scroll up to "Want to Make Betty Happy?" and be an Honor Roll member.
Ceil Posted - 07/22/2014 : 07:55:18 AM
You mean they don't tell you? See if the designer is on Ravelry and ask directly. That's the best way to get an answer.

Ceil
(Ravelry: ceilr)
Time is never a factor when joy is involved.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe