Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Felting Talk
 Felting Books and Patterns
 Felted Christmas Wreath/Nicky Epstein

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mmjryoung Posted - 10/02/2007 : 12:38:29 PM
I am looking for an inspiration here and remembered Nicky Epstein's felted wreath in Knit Simple magazine last year. Cannot find magazine. Am sure I have put it in a very safe place.
Remember that yarn was $$.
Anyone made it? Would you recommend doing it?
Does the pattern show up in any other book besides Knit Simple?
Any other felted wreaths that might be worth considering?
I remember last year that there was a discussion about this wreath.
Thanks for input.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
butterflygirl13 Posted - 01/11/2008 : 11:37:05 AM
Here is a felted Pointsettia Wreath Kit:

http://www.pickupsticksonline.com/products/flowers/pw.php

Pattern available free here:

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_5095556,00.html

Kit is available cheaper here:

http://pages.e-yarn.com/6030/PictPage/1922241883.html

Hope this helps someone.

Pam

My Ravelry Projects:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/PamelaM
Seabright Posted - 01/11/2008 : 11:08:04 AM
Hi,
I made a felted wreath last year. I think it was the one you are referring to. It turned out great (even though I substituted less expensive yarn - Elann Peruvian wool, and changed the colours to suit me better). It is a wonderful project because it is so unusual and it is very weather resistant (even in our wet cold climate) enough to be hung on the front door. Mind you, I wouldn't put it where it would get soaked - it would get very heavy and deform as it was hanging. I used a brass d-ring sown on the back instead of a knitted loop. It worked better.
knitter123 Posted - 11/11/2007 : 1:57:46 PM
i found it!

Knitters summer 2001
knitter123 Posted - 11/10/2007 : 09:26:42 AM
anyone know which issue of knitters the della robia wreath was in a few years ago?

thanks!
queenmaxine Posted - 10/28/2007 : 10:54:03 AM
While googling this to share with a friend, I came across the directions on the DIY site.

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,,diy_14141_5095556,00.html

Also saw the kit on the patternworks site for 48 and on ebay for 38.

My blog is not strictly knitting, but there are occasional WIP updates and frustration or bragging rants as I am a new knitter.

www.nolanoni.blogspot.com
mmjryoung Posted - 10/15/2007 : 12:42:45 PM
The one I was looking for and found was in Knitsimple Holiday 2006.
Like the sound of the one that you did however.
Wonder if it would be in any on Nicky Epstein's books.
Have not made a final decision on wreath yet.
Sort of got involved doing a hat and felted bags so wreath got put on the back burner.
SCTee Posted - 10/15/2007 : 10:56:49 AM
I was just surfing the web looking for this pattern! I made a Nicky Epstein felted wreath that was in a Knitter's Magazine about three or four years ago and I was hoping to make it again. Unfortunately, the magazine is packed away in another state. The wreath I made was a sort of Della Robia type that had grapes, pears, leaves and a vine. Is that the one you are looking for? I had a ball making it and even entered it in our county fair. I don't remember it being too expensive but I did have to send away for the yarn, from Patternworks I think. Last year Knitter's featured another Nicky Epstein wreath that I didn't like as well.
mmjryoung Posted - 10/03/2007 : 6:15:41 PM
Saw the all pointsetta one online. I like it but I sort of like the Nicky Epstein one better with green leaves and flowers. Hopefully someone out there has made it.
aprilshowers Posted - 10/03/2007 : 10:48:08 AM
I can't answer your question, but $50-60 for the wreath kit that queenmaxine mentioned seems like a good deal to me. Real (or even fake) wreaths are ridiculously expensive, in my opinion. I was just at TJMaxx's (a discount chain store for those of you not in the U.S.) and they were charging $27 for an ugly Halloween wreath.
queenmaxine Posted - 10/03/2007 : 05:21:15 AM
I know my LYS has a wreath kit that is felted pointsettias. I think it is about $50-60. It is on my to do list and I might ask for it for xmas.= then I can make it for next year.

My blog is not strictly knitting, but there are occasional WIP updates and frustration or bragging rants as I am a new knitter.

www.nolanoni.blogspot.com
mmjryoung Posted - 10/02/2007 : 2:37:38 PM
Found magazine!!
Would still appreciate comments from anyone who has made this.

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe