Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Fiber Swap
 Shetland Roving

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jen6265 Posted - 11/14/2008 : 03:46:25 AM
I just posted this to my etsy shop:

http://jen6265.etsy.com

Photos of the fiber, the animal it came from and an example of it knit up are also on the etsy site. I don't know how to post photos here.

This offer is for 5.7 ounces of natural black/white shetland roving from my ram Cihat (Chee - yot). Cihat is white with black spots, he is a mature ram. I washed it 4 times in laundry soap, so there is no remnant of the ram scent which can be strong in the raw fleece. His fiber length is very long, 5-7 inches and his average micron count is low 30. His fleece has a nice crimp, but not super crimpy. Other than shearing, I am responsible for all other aspects of prepping the fiber into roving. I wash the wool with regular laundry soap. Once the wool air dries, I flick card the locks, which thoroughly removes dirt and debris. Flick carding also removes dry tips, which prevents noils and pills. After I've flicked the locks, I run them through my drum carder, then I hand pull the batts into small balls of roving, usually around 2 - 3 oz balls. I randomly mixed in the black fibers with the white, and it usually results in a nice random stripe pattern. You can see an example of Cihat's fleece spun and knit into a hat attached to this listing. We raise shetland sheep on our small family farm. We usually have around 20 or so adults that we use for breeding stock. Please check out our website and blog for more information on our sheep.
www.wpshetlands.homestead.com www.whisperingpinesshetlands.blogspot.com

I include a nice photo of the sheep that the fiber came with every order. I hope you enjoy this fiber.

Jen6265.etsy.com
jen@yahoo.com

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe