Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
 All Forums
 Crochet Talk
 Random crochet-related chitchat
 What Crochet Project Are you Doing Now?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
zknit08 Posted - 06/30/2009 : 6:32:41 PM
I'm just curious as to what kind of crochet projects everybody is doing now. The Crochet Chit-Chat seems to be quiet so everyone must be so busy either crocheting or doing other things and no time to sit down and peck on the computer. I tend to check the Knitting section of the forum more when I'm practicing on my knitting or crocheting and not when I'm busy doing non crochet or knitting related activities.

Zknit
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mrssuem Posted - 05/31/2011 : 07:05:58 AM
I'm actually working on an afghan, granny square type. Found some light weight yarn I had and decided it would be a good project for the summer. Squares are only 7 rounds and it will be a lighter weight one for cooler spring evenings when the heavier afghans I have are too warm to sleep with. Perfecting my stitches at the same time. Sue
zknit08 Posted - 05/31/2011 : 03:29:07 AM
My current WIP which is half way done. It's a summer shawl to wear on cool summer evenings.

http://time2crochet-n-craft.blogspot.com/2011/05/thread-crochet.html
zknit08 Posted - 03/25/2011 : 4:10:28 PM
I'm practicing my Knitting techniques and crocheting a baby afghan (Reversible play rug).

Happy Knitting & Crocheting!

http://time2crochet-n-craft.blogspot.com

zknit08 Posted - 03/16/2011 : 2:41:09 PM
Hi everyone! Time just flew by and it's now 2011. I'm sure lots of you had done lots of crocheting. Me I'm just now getting back to serious crocheting. I've got to make a baby play rug (something to lay on the floor and put the baby on it so he can play). I've just made the initial 4 squares and I connect them as I go.

Happy Crocheting!
Greyling Posted - 09/06/2010 : 12:03:33 AM
Started afghans for my nieces for Christmas. Using Red Heart Kids because I love the colors for their age group - 6 and 9 - using this pattern from Lion Brand:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70456AD.html?noImages=

The pattern is crib size, but by using the worsted weight, will probably be a good child afghan size. Can always add borders and blocks if needed.

Eleanor Posted - 08/07/2010 : 01:22:52 AM
Well I'm crocheting stool covers for my daughter (after she saw the one I made a whle ago). BUT, they're made with Lionbrand Homespun which is quite hard to work with being that it's multi-colored, etc. One good thing though, the mistakes don't show, lol I will perservere! Anything for my daughter! I would like to try making them with a more "solid" yarn.
Chayah Posted - 08/05/2010 : 3:15:33 PM
Well, my friends, my two year afghan project has 36 squares, is about 48" square and is about ready to be put together.I will make the top and bottom borders longer. Thanks for putting up with me all this time! I have started making crocheted felted bags, and will probably continue that after the afghan is done. Happy handwork to all, Chayah

"Each breath really is a new beginning of the rest of our lives." Jon Kabat-Zinn
Greyling Posted - 08/05/2010 : 09:01:36 AM
I'm on the Berroco email list, and they sent this last week. Sure enough, had to try it. The Weekend yarn is nice to work with, and I think I'll use it as a furniture cover for the cats.
http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/quadra/quadra.html

The pattern is nice and easy. I have a lot of acrylic Red Heart still in stash plus some Vanna, so this pattern might work out well for donations to the animal shelter.

Also purchased their booklet for the Weekend yarn. There's a nice casual sweater (knitted) that I wouldn't mind trying. It has 3/4 sleeves and a scoop neck, great for winter with a turtleneck underneath.
Chayah Posted - 06/01/2010 : 05:46:08 AM
Of course I meant to say 8" squares, not 8'! Now making squares from other types of yarn as well as wool.

"Each breath really is a new beginning of the rest of our lives." Jon Kabat-Zinn
zknit08 Posted - 05/31/2010 : 1:31:32 PM
I crocheted another shrug for my sil. She loves it. I need to finish the peach colored one. This will only fit me.

Happy Crocheting and or Knitting everyone!!!

Chayah Posted - 05/31/2010 : 05:08:31 AM
I have been making wool squares for the Square Circle group. They are collecting 8' squares to assemble into afghans for sick children in S.Africa. Relaxing crocheting and a good way to use up bits and pieces.

zknit08 Posted - 05/22/2010 : 7:37:49 PM
I published my shrug #1 on my blog and I'm about to finish another one. I'm really enjoying making these and I think the girls in my family will really love these.

fiddlerbird555 Posted - 05/19/2010 : 2:47:54 PM
FWIW I just finished a carrier for a standard plastic water bottle. DD (age 11) was looking at one at a tourist shop, and I told her I could make her a better one. "Hippy variagated" is the color, it has a nice long shoulder strap and a rather stylized cat & her initials done as rather coarse filet.

I can go loopy, or I can knit. Your choice.
Chayah Posted - 05/19/2010 : 03:58:08 AM
I have once again picked up my "endless afghan", which I have been making for my son for over a year. The squares are from Jan Eaton's 200 Crochet Blocks, and currently I am working on a square in two shades of green. I like blocks that start from the center better that the ones in rows.I like this book, lots of things to try. Happy crocheting, Chayah

zknit08 Posted - 05/18/2010 : 7:33:58 PM
I designed and crocheted my first shrug. I love it. I didn't know that it is so much easier to make than I thought. I just need to hide the ends of the yarn. I can't wait to post it on my blog.

Happy crocheting everyone!
v-allknit Posted - 04/22/2010 : 10:49:41 PM
hi, i am new to crochetting, started this year. I had learnt how to use hook in grade 7th but didnt use them till this year when i came across a nice veido on you tube, for beginners, then i made a granny square throw.

lots of things started happening... i mean for crochet, and at present i am making "wool eater baby blanket" pattern from ravelry, also i had started a cathrine wheel throw, but before that i made a scarf in same pattern.

all pics on m blog :)

shruti

My blog

ravelry

zknit08 Posted - 04/06/2010 : 3:10:34 PM
Goodness, It's been a while since I visited KR. But it's good to know that everyone is still here. I actually finished that shawl I called "Open Fan Shawl". I posted a photo on my blog:

I'm working on an afghan which is a challenge to me because of the size. It seems such a slow process since I'm working along in long rows, using 2 colors of yarn.

Happy Crocheting!
Greyling Posted - 03/29/2010 : 01:19:02 AM
I'm going to make something simple just as a break from a sweater I'm knitting.

http://www.knitpicks.com/patterns/Strawberry_Ice_Cream_Baby_Crochet_Blanket__D50862220.html

I like to knit, but at least once a month, I have to crochet something.

I've downloaded the pattern, and have ordered the organic cotton yarn in the natural colors plus a light green. Will probably donate to a charity in the fall when they start collecting for fall/winter items.
zknit08 Posted - 02/13/2010 : 8:03:46 PM
Hi Everyone! I only finished one hat and working on a shawl that I will call "Open Fan Shawl" since it is made up of rows of fans crochet design. Hope to post pics as soon as I finish the finishing edges.

Happy Crocheting!

zknit
zknit08 Posted - 01/23/2010 : 1:53:52 PM
Hi Chayah, thank you for asking about the Spring Bolero. I finished the back and connected the front and back bodice. I did not like the shoulder seams and I have to make adjustment to the back bodice. So instead of frogging the whole thing, I decided to keep this as a derivative for my future Vests and or bolero projects. So I feel like my effort is not wasted because I have learned a lot in making this design. The next one that I actually completed is an improved version with no seams at the shoulders. I got it posted on my next post titled "Winter Bolero".
You reminded me that I need to make time to start crocheting hats for the homeless which is one of my goal this year.

Happy Crocheting and Knitting!

Zknit

http://crochetcheers.blogspot.com/

Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe