Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 knittable New Year resolutions?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

hobbitknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2003 :  7:55:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit hobbitknitter's Homepage Send hobbitknitter a Private Message
Anybody want to start? I'm still thinking mine out, but one of them is DEFINATELY:
1. finish all x-mas gifts before the 1st week of December.

S. Eliz.

Keep on knitting on!
http://knitonespintoo.blog-city.com

amber
Seriously Hooked

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2003 :  8:24:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit amber's Homepage Send amber a Private Message
I'd like to resolve to put a real dent in my stash.

-Amber

A friend will help you move..
A really good friend will help you move a body.
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2003 :  8:35:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
I plan to make baby sweaters & blankets for charity as part of my overall knitting. Since the charities want acrylic I'll use my favorite Debbie Bliss books & other baby patterns and just switch the yarn. I found some decent acrylic choices at School Products. I have never used acrylic before but I love knitting for babies!!
Go to Top of Page

Janice Alline
Seriously Hooked

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2003 :  8:56:21 PM  Show Profile Send Janice Alline a Private Message
I'm going to do some chemo caps. Looking at the various patterns at the various sites I figure if I can do a watch cap, I can do a chemo cap.

And, I want to teach someone else to knit. It must have been the right time in my life for me to knit (again) because I've gotten deeper into it. I get such a peace when I move yarn & needles with my hands, fingers, mind & heart. As they say, when the "teacher" is ready a "student" will appear.

Jan
"To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.
--Donald Laird
Go to Top of Page

Zelda927
Chatty Knitter

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2003 :  9:24:12 PM  Show Profile Send Zelda927 a Private Message
My resolution is to stick to my resolutions.

Laura
Go to Top of Page

Irish350
Chatty Knitter

USA
321 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2003 :  9:32:22 PM  Show Profile Send Irish350 a Private Message
I am a hairdresser by trade...I want to make up a bunch of Chemo caps. I have had so many customers that have lost their hair due to treatment. I am going to call the salons in the area and let them know too. There are some quick easy patterns out there.

Irish
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2003 :  9:59:27 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
It's an extension of something I've been doing - no yarn purchases(except SOTM) until all of my current supply is gone. The only exception will be if I get money or certificates as a gift, which rarely happens.

Monika

"There is no beauty in the finest cloth if it makes hunger and unhappiness." Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

myshelle10
Permanent Resident

USA
2749 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2003 :  11:51:21 PM  Show Profile Send myshelle10 a Private Message
I don't do New Year's Resolutions-- I haven't for years. Every one I ever set, I failed at :P, so I set goals, but NEVER at New Year's LOL :)

m
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  01:48:04 AM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
I resolved several years ago not to make New Year's Resolutions. I would always feel bad and beat myself up when I didn't stick to my resolutions. I decided they aren't good for my self esteem and aren't healthy for my soul. So I quit making them. It has been one resolution that I've been able to keep!

Vicky (Queen O'Yarn archivist-QYA)
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  01:50:45 AM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
S. Eliz: Surely you jest.

Amber: Give it away. That's what I did.

Now about New Year's Resolutions--I not only break them I don't think I ever try to keep them. If that doesn't make sense, not to worry, that's me. Take care. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

carols
Permanent Resident

USA
1681 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  04:57:53 AM  Show Profile Send carols a Private Message
I would like to (1) finish the sweater I started for my mom last summer in time for mother's day. (2) rediscover some of the lovelies in my stash. and (3) actually sit down with some of my cool knitting books and read them & absorb some of the great ideas therein, as opposed to just drooling over the photos.
Carol
Go to Top of Page

BergenKnitter
Chatty Knitter

249 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  06:06:57 AM  Show Profile Send BergenKnitter a Private Message
Vicky & Myshelle, I'm with you. The only New Year's resolution I ever kept was to not make any more New Year's resolutions!

Kathleen
Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  06:08:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
I don't really make resolutions either for the same reasons as Vicky. It's always a good idea to use what you have on hand before heading off to the store so...If there's a resolution to be made for me it would have to be- Use what I have and only buy what I need or will use, no more JUNK to store! I can live with that.

Dee
Go to Top of Page

Knitterbugs
Chatty Knitter

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  07:14:36 AM  Show Profile Send Knitterbugs a Private Message
I have a couple:

1 - I'm starting my Christmas knitting for next year on December 26, so maybe I'll have it all done on time next year.

2 - Get through some UFO's before I start anymore new projects.

3 - I want to start making chemo caps.

4 - Learn sock knitting.

~Pam

Knitterbugs
http://journals.aol.com/knitterbugs/knittingblog
Go to Top of Page

lizzi
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  08:07:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit lizzi's Homepage Send lizzi a Private Message
I'd like to get my to-do list of knitting back down to just one project, before I add anymore. I like to have two things going at once, so if I'm bored with one I can work on the other. But nine....that's a bit much.

Lizzi
http://amimono.blogspot.com

"Talk is cheap, but lies are expensive/ my wallet's fat, and so is my head" --Green Day, Walking Contradiction
Go to Top of Page

dutchknitter

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  08:41:35 AM  Show Profile Send dutchknitter a Private Message
1. Knit my mom a sweater
2. Knit only one project at a time.
3. Knit for charity..hats/scarves for the homeless.
Go to Top of Page

hobbitknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  08:58:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit hobbitknitter's Homepage Send hobbitknitter a Private Message
Bev- I'm the girl who writes out long "to-do" lists, and then shreds them right after I finish writing it! Somehow I get a kick out of doing that, one of my quirks I guess.
Thought of one- teach my mom to knit. She wants to! *happy hobbit dance*
And another- try to get a design published in a magazine. Mom said it's ok with her if I want to try, so I'm gonna try! Have an awesome idea for something, which is..... (classified info here. )

S. Eliz.

Keep on knitting on!
http://knitonespintoo.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

Ginger
New Pal

42 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  10:53:45 AM  Show Profile Send Ginger a Private Message
I don't really make new years resolutions. But this year my goal will be to improve my knitting. Since I'm a faily new knitter, I don't think this will too hard to do. Just won some yarn on ebay to help me meet my goal.

Ginger
Go to Top of Page

jade
Permanent Resident

USA
1543 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  11:43:24 AM  Show Profile Send jade a Private Message
My New Year's resolution is to have fun, not work too hard and enjoy my friends and family. In other words, stop and smell the roses. I'm way too driven and sometimes lose track of the really important things in life.

The knittable part of this is to have lots of fiber adventures, learn something new and enjoy the craziness of it all.

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

thevalkyry
Sustaining Member

USA
736 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  11:57:30 AM  Show Profile Send thevalkyry a Private Message
Make a dent in the stash - I'm starting to have a yarn monster in my apartment ;)

Food, Gas, Rent.. and Yarn
Go to Top of Page

whimsical
Warming Up

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  2:16:03 PM  Show Profile Send whimsical a Private Message
1. Organize....I have yarn and needles coming out of the wazoo! I need to find some way of organizing them so they are easily viewable and trackable. Maybe some kind of shelving unit would work.
2. Complete all the UFO's laying around.
3. Do a bunch of afghans to use up all the inexpensive acrylic yarns that I purchased when I started knitting.

Rosa
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.