Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 knittable New Year resolutions?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

schoolmama
Permanent Resident

USA
2310 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  12:07:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit schoolmama's Homepage Send schoolmama a Private Message
I don't really make resolutions, but I do have some "goals." To continue knitting for charities that I already knit for, hospitals and pregnancy center, and Ships Support; to give away a lot of my stash to some kids who knit for homeless people; to stop making large projects unless I really want to! AND, NEVER EVER USE A HAIR DYE THAT HAS THE WORD "AUBURN" IN IT, unless I want to look like the Little Mermaid for Halloween....!! Although, because I have done this, I may get more knitting done while it wears off...ROFOFL!! Barb

P.S. Realized I left out exercising regularly, since we bought an exercise bike to have at home so we don't have to pay every month to go to the gym. Someone lent us a rowing thing for as long as we want it, too. This way I can easily exercise and make up for all the sitting and knitting!! I put the bike behind the couch where there is space to sit and watch TV or a video if I want to while I exercise.

One more, knit myself a hat to cover my hair!

"OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!"
Go to Top of Page

Tam
Permanent Resident

Australia
2810 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  5:33:17 PM  Show Profile Send Tam a Private Message
I don't make resolutions either because there is no point when I know they will fail from the outset.
I am, however, going to finish all my UFOs and not start anymore new projects until they are finshed. I am going to spend less time on the computer and more time doing my crafts. I am going to try to catch up with friends in person, or at least on the telephone, rather than via e-mail.

Happy Knitting,
Tam
Go to Top of Page

arachne.web@verizon.net
New Pal

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  12:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit arachne.web@verizon.net's Homepage  Send arachne.web@verizon.net a Yahoo! Message Send arachne.web@verizon.net a Private Message
Hi all!

I don't make "resolutions", per se. However, I do dig through my stash & decide what I want to do with the treasures I have horded... I "pre-stage" my projects. I dig around & look through my books. Then I write it down.... I knit through my list and try to always learn something from the projects I do. So, that's not really a resolutions, but it is a thoughtful method....

Penny
Go to Top of Page

gloriaf
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  12:04:00 PM  Show Profile Send gloriaf a Private Message
I would like to do more charity knitting this year. I really slacked off last year because of some larger knitting projects. I would like to do one charity for every one family knitting.
Go to Top of Page

fig
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  12:23:34 PM  Show Profile Send fig a Private Message
My goal this year is to start a monthly or bi-monthly knitting group in my area. Any takers in "Happy Valley," Utah? : )
Go to Top of Page

iknitabit
New Pal

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  2:07:46 PM  Show Profile Send iknitabit a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by hobbitknitter

Anybody want to start? I'm still thinking mine out, but one of them is DEFINATELY:
1. finish all x-mas gifts before the 1st week of December.

S. Eliz.

Keep on knitting on!
http://knitonespintoo.blog-city.com

"If you are all wrapped up in yourself... you are overdressed!"
Go to Top of Page

iknitabit
New Pal

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  2:12:51 PM  Show Profile Send iknitabit a Private Message
My New Year's Resolutions related to knitting are:

1. Learn to knit socks
2. Put a dent in my stash
3. Begin knitting holiday gifts for next year NOW!

I wish each of you a bright, Happy New Year.
Click-clack...hear those needles roar :-)

"If you are all wrapped up in yourself... you are overdressed!"
Go to Top of Page

frostypo
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  4:39:19 PM  Show Profile Send frostypo a Private Message
My resolution is to make the sweater for my granddaughter that I started over a year ago. Also, I want to learn to do more: socks, intarsia, etc.
Go to Top of Page

pinknewf
New Pal

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2004 :  4:47:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit pinknewf's Homepage  Send pinknewf a Yahoo! Message Send pinknewf a Private Message
1. Finish UFO's (I've got some left from 2002 and before!)
2. Do more stash knitting, less buying
3. Do some more designing of my own things

Happy 2004!
Go to Top of Page

Bluerock
New Pal

27 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  10:53:43 AM  Show Profile Send Bluerock a Private Message
I made a list and I'm checking it twice.
1.Learn cable
2.Make cabled socks
3.Finish Debbie Bliss seed stitch jacket by Little League baseball season
4. Save up for digital camera so that...
5. I can blog
Go to Top of Page

kawsharp@excite.com
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  11:58:28 AM  Show Profile Send kawsharp@excite.com a Private Message
My knitting resolution for 2004: Actually, I guess I have two.
1) To only work on one project at a time, so I complete something.
2) To work on a project/projects over the year that use up my stash which has started to grow on it's own!
Go to Top of Page

Knit2Relax
Gabber Extraordinaire

433 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  12:23:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knit2Relax's Homepage Send Knit2Relax a Private Message
I LOVE making resolutions and setting goals on January 1, and then I like to do it again on June 1st! I set 10 goals and they are always attainable resolutions. This method has helped me attain my goals my entire life. I like this quote from my Mary Englebreit January, 2004 Calendar, "Don't Count the Days, Make the Days Count." Happy New Year!
Teresa
http://journals.aol.com/knit2relax/KnittingandMore/
Go to Top of Page

Raven Black
Chatty Knitter

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  12:46:23 PM  Show Profile Send Raven Black a Private Message
Some goals for this coming year: Start a knitting/crochet club at my high school and try to encourage some charity knitting as a group project. I already started one student crocheting during lunchtime, and now have 2 more students inquiring if they can learn during lunches. They want to make an official club and meet once or twice a week. If the students are willing, I'm there. (I teach Spanish.)

I'd like to finish my Einstein coat that I started at Thanksgiving. I'm happy to say I've already made a dent in my stash by knitting mitts, a poncho, a hat, and a shawl as gifts for Christmas. Am now working on my first pair of socks and have knitted the top down to the heel beginning and now am stumped. Want to knit an afterthough heel but just can visualize it for some reason. Have 19 stitches on a holder and stopped.

Ravengirl
Go to Top of Page

evielec@cfl.rr.com

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  12:52:44 PM  Show Profile Send evielec@cfl.rr.com a Private Message
HI,
I have made only one real resolution for this new year but it encompases a lot of things. That resolution is to finish all project that have been started before starting anything new. Wish me luck!
Evielec
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2004 :  1:37:01 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
I want to try socks and a felted tote. I have the yarn for 2 totes and would like to give as Xmas gifts in 2004. The same thing I said last year, maybe this year it will happen and I would like to take some knitting classes. That should happen as there our some great knitting shops in Seattle and the surrounding area. I also need to finish the 2 sweater I started for Xmas gifts.

Zola
Go to Top of Page

cinder
Chatty Knitter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  12:08:09 AM  Show Profile Send cinder a Private Message
If I am intereted in learning something new that is being offered at my LYS I will try and take the class so I can learn the right way and not get so frustrated.

Merrie Jane
Go to Top of Page

sedgwick
Warming Up

87 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2004 :  10:56:45 AM  Show Profile Send sedgwick a Private Message
These are all great ideas! Incorporating many of them, here are my 2004 knitting resolutions:

1. Continue to knit mostly for charity, which also helps use up the stash.

2. Enjoy what I'm knitting more, and knit more of what I enjoy, and generally keep on having fun with my knitting.

3. Knit only what I want to make. This Christmas I made a Harry Potter scarf for Younger Niece, and it turned out great--but it had LOTS of fringe and I REALLY dislike making fringe. Well, I guess I'd do that again--but only for someone I'm really, really close to.

4. Learn how to do duplicate stitch so that I can finish up the three projects I designed for that--the only three for me!

5. Use the new knitting bag my sister gave me for my birthday. It's an Edward Gorey canvas bag with a cat reclining on a pile of books. It says, "Books. Cats. Life Is Sweet."

It is indeed!

Happy 2004 to all of us.

sedgwick
Go to Top of Page

warble
New Pal

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  4:38:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit warble's Homepage Send warble a Private Message
My only resolution this year is to wash and moisturize my face every night before going to bed -- this being the only goal I have that I have to force myself to do until I (hopefully) get in the habit.

Some of the things I will be getting into with knitting this year, however, include cables, socks, my first garmet, and wherever else the knitting muse may lead. I'm looking forward to this year. :)

-warble
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.94 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.