Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Celebs, Articles, Jokes, etc.
 What do you like to listen when knitting?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

deweye77
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  5:57:33 PM  Show Profile Send deweye77 a Private Message
Hello.. I am a newbie in this message board.... I love to knit and I love to listen to my favorite music when I am knitting, this makes me feel relaxing. Oh let me share my favorite CD these days... it's Sissel's 'My Heart'. Sissel is the one who sing in the movie "Titanic".. she has an angelic voice... has a style similar to Celine Dion I can say... oh if you want to know more about her you can visit some sites I found out ... http://www.classics.umusic.com/sissel/media/64_sissel_someone.asx
http://www.classics.umusic.com/sissel/media/64_sissel_waitawhile.asx
www.ufanz.com/teams/sissel

What do you like to hear when knitting? Let's share on this board..!!

Janice Alline
Seriously Hooked

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  6:19:34 PM  Show Profile Send Janice Alline a Private Message
Hello Deweye77 & Welcome to the KR Forum. I like to listen to music also when I knit, especially if I'm not at home. Enya is a very favorite & I do like a lot of the music from the Titanic soundtrack. I prefer New Age or Smooth Jazz, relaxing, soothing, gentling, comforting, like my knitting.

What do you have on needles now?

Jan from Lawrence, KS
"Courage is knowing what not to fear."
--- Plato

Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth
Permanent Resident

USA
1557 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  6:35:24 PM  Show Profile Send Elizabeth a Private Message
I listen to books on tape while I knit. Music makes me sleepy.

In doing this, I have read more in the last five years than I had in the previous ten! (Yes, I think listening to books counts as reading them--it is just an alternate way of doing it! ) Just finished the unabridged version of Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress.
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  7:14:15 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
A few very diverse things:

Toronto Maple Leafs hockey on the radio

World Radio Network

Jazz or Arabic instrumental music

Monika

"There is no beauty in the finest cloth if it makes hunger and unhappiness." Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

hobbitknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  7:21:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit hobbitknitter's Homepage Send hobbitknitter a Private Message
Dickens, Tolkien, and Austin for BOTS (BOTS- acroynym for books on tape )
Mozart, Bach, and Howard Shore (LOTR soundtracks) for music
Those are my favorites!
BTW one of my favorite readers is Derek Jacobi, he is great!

S. Eliz.
 Save the earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!
Keep on knitting on!
http://knitonespintoo.blog-city.com
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/folkvestknitting/
Go to Top of Page

klfrazier
Permanent Resident

1745 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  7:22:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit klfrazier's Homepage Send klfrazier a Private Message
National Public Radio

Broadway Musicals - currently focusing on "Wicked"

-Kristin
Go to Top of Page

Josh A.
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
561 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  8:52:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Josh A.'s Homepage Send Josh A. a Private Message
I usually watch DVDs while knitting. Netflix and knitting are complimentary addictions.

Josh A.
N. California -> Rochester, NY
Go to Top of Page

frodosmom
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
480 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2004 :  10:31:53 PM  Show Profile Send frodosmom a Private Message
Hi, Deweye77, and welcome to the forum. If you'd like to, you can introduce yourself in the "intoductions" section and tell us more about yourself as a knitter.

We recently had an interesting thread about audio books, and I have just got some new mystery novels on CDs. Also some tapes for language learning. I have the TV on a lot, also, and listen more than watch it while knitting. The music I like best takes all of my attention, so I don't do anything but listen when I'm in the mood for that.

Margaret in South Carolina
Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  02:33:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
What an interesting question. My own tastes are eclectic and my listening often depends on circumstances as much as choice. My DH loves to read to me when I'm spinning and sometimes when I am knitting. My CD collection, which is pretty big, contains mostly classical music with some samplings from several other musical genres. I also like to listen to satelite radio - especially the foreign stations.

Interestingly - my favorite gardening music, Jacob Lindburg playing the lute - doesn't feel like good knitting music. Funny how different things will stimulate us.

Bess
http://likethequeen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lelani
Permanent Resident

USA
2005 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  08:12:44 AM  Show Profile Send Lelani a Private Message
I do lots of stuff while knitting. I listen to cd's, I love Enya as well. I also watch sci-fi on TV or watch DVD's. Sometimes I am even surfing the web!!!

Lelani

"I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today." White
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  08:30:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
If I am knitting and it's a weekday anytime between 10 & 5 I listen to talk radio (NY - WOR), otherwise I might have the TV on or total silence. My favorite is if my son is playing guitar in the other room, then I shut off everything & listen to his music.

knitting hiatus: nothing on needles since 2/20/04
Go to Top of Page

kimkrafty
Permanent Resident

USA
2145 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  08:37:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit kimkrafty's Homepage Send kimkrafty a Private Message
I'm pretty diverse in my listening activities.
When I knit, if I'm listening to music it would be classical or jazz. Anything more upbeat would make me want to dance.
I'm also fond of audio books, so I may listen to that and knit as well.

Kimberly, kniting in VA
WIP: 4 FO: 0
Finished Patchworks Squares: 7
Go to Top of Page

knittykat
Seriously Hooked

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  09:13:07 AM  Show Profile Send knittykat a Private Message
Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Korn, Great White....

And I love to watch TV like the Discovery Channel and courtroom shows like the People's Court.

Kat in Illinois
Go to Top of Page

Jenny
Permanent Resident

1613 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  09:19:02 AM  Show Profile Send Jenny a Private Message
I usually listen to the birds outside or kids playing in the street.

Jenny
WA State
Go to Top of Page

PurlyGirlie
Chatty Knitter

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  10:14:23 AM  Show Profile Send PurlyGirlie a Private Message
It totally depends on the project for me. If I'm knitting with something picky or stubborn (like mohair) or if I'm knitting a harder project, I need slower ballads (Norah Jones, Coldplay, etc.). If I'm knitting endless rows of stockinette, I like to break out more up-tempo stuff like punk or harder rock.

Add another huge fan of Netflix to the list!

-Sarah C.

--- Mon blog: http://sylphette.typepad.com ---
Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  11:25:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
Nothing at all. I love music but while I knit I truly enjoy the silence of the house, I can hear the birds chirping and my westies shoring ahhhhh pure bliss. When I am driving I usually listen to music and when the boys are home I listen to them.

Dee
Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2584 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  11:47:49 AM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message
Mostly I like listening to my needles and whatever is going on inside my head. I love the all-too-few moments of quiet.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

Leanne
Gabber Extraordinaire

Canada
384 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  12:04:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Leanne's Homepage Send Leanne a Private Message
I usually listen to CBC (Canadian broadcasting cancel)radio. I find the informative entertaining shows the prefect knitting companion.

http://www.oknitting.com
Go to Top of Page

KathyR
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
2969 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  2:08:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit KathyR's Homepage Send KathyR a Private Message
I'm with the ones who love the sound of silence! Birds singing in the background is a plus! Traffic sounds are a negative.

KathyR
Go to Top of Page

Jayla
Warming Up

96 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  2:50:42 PM  Show Profile Send Jayla a Private Message
I like alot of folk-rock. I really like listening to slam poetry while I knit like Alix Olsen.

Mostly though it's Nick at Nite and Fox's late night line up. I can't do movies--I get too involved in the movie and forget about knitting!

"I am certain that we were meant to be creative, to make love, to sing and dance and play. Everything else was dreamed up for us." ~~Alice Walker
Go to Top of Page

Josh A.
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
561 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2004 :  3:54:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Josh A.'s Homepage Send Josh A. a Private Message
Jayla, you know of Alix Olsen? :) She rocks... I got to see her perform in NYC. We were going to have her perform at a conference in Ithaca, but just couldn't find the funds. :-(

Lelani, you reminded me that sometimes I actually knit while chatting. If I'm not really talking to anyone I'll knit while the words in the room scroll up my screen.

Josh A.
N. California -> Rochester, NY
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.94 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by