Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 500 to 800 Yards
 Sugar and Cream variegated
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Boxy
Warming Up

51 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  12:27:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Boxy's Homepage Send Boxy a Private Message
I have about 570 yards of Sugar and Cream original cotton, in a white/lavender/yellow variegated color.

What would be a good project for that?

A10CO
Gabber Extraordinaire

577 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  12:51:49 PM  Show Profile Send A10CO a Private Message
How about some sort of open weave shawl/wrap, or maybe some baby items?
Go to Top of Page

Boxy
Warming Up

51 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  1:03:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Boxy's Homepage Send Boxy a Private Message
Would that be enough to do a layette, maybe? I'm still so new to this LOL.
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  2:00:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
My recommendation - especially since you're new! - is to hang onto it!

One of my favorite things to do when I see a cable I like, or some stitch pattern I like, is to knit up a dishcloth as a sample of the pattern. Sugar'n'Cream is perfect for this, and you won't feel bad if you get started and run out of cotton halfway through a cloth - who's going to care if it's not square!

You get to play around with stitch patterns, and make something that you'll use around the house. Heck, you might even smile while doing dishes!

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  3:21:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
I saw the best colors of this yarn yesterday and considered picking some up for the holidays while they are stocked. They had a green/red/white (fa la la la la) combo and a navy/red/white (oh so patriotic) combo.

Dee
Go to Top of Page

Boxy
Warming Up

51 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2004 :  6:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Boxy's Homepage Send Boxy a Private Message
I do have a nice stash of it for doing dishcloths and test pattern stuff. I really like working with it. I just happen to have so much of this one color I thought I'd like to try a bigger project.

I'm making the Knit It rag rug out of sage & natural S&C right now, I love it!
Go to Top of Page

GPORTER@ec.rr.com
Warming Up

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2004 :  01:16:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit GPORTER@ec.rr.com's Homepage Send GPORTER@ec.rr.com a Private Message
The latest issue of FCEK has tank tops made out of cotton yarn. I was seriously thinking of diving into my stash of dishcloth yarn to do one of these. Or...you can always make a set of nice placemats. Placemats are a nice, easy portable project.

"I'd rather have 30 minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special..."--from Steel Magnolias

http://www.geocities.com/ggluvsmp/countryside.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?