Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Poll Feedback
 Explain your answers!
 Feelings After Finishing
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

katxena
Chatty Knitter

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2002 :  07:24:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit katxena's Homepage Send katxena a Private Message
Although I chose exhilerated, I really wanted an option that said "proud." When I finish an item, I show it to everyone I can (usually starting with my husband) and point out all the new things I tried with it and how cool it is. Even if it is as simple as "I got the heel on the second sock to match the first" -- there's always something I'm proud of and want to show-off.

But exhilerated is also true. I feel really excited about the finished product, but also sort of anxious to start the next one. And I really love finishing -- I like how neat mattress stitch looks, and I always get excited about it when it looks nice. I'm goofy, I guess.

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2002 :  07:42:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
Proud was the answer I wanted to pick too - although from about the bindoff for the arms, or mid shoulder, right up to the moment I am finished (and proud) - I feel sad. and don't want to finish. and perhaps a little worried that it won't fit so I will have done all this work for naught. But when I am actually finished, I feel proud.

To get through the just before finished blues I usually begin another project. It delays the proud moment some but it eases the worry.

Go to Top of Page

jdroeger
Chatty Knitter

USA
224 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2002 :  10:04:53 AM  Show Profile Send jdroeger a Private Message
I think I would have picked "all of the above" although exhilerated is how I feel most of the time. Sometimes I'm sad if I've really enjoyed working with the yarn or the pattern - since I always have lots of WIPs, I'm never concerned about not having something to work on! Sometimes I'm sick of the project already and just want to get it over with. I think "proud" would also work for me. Almost every night I show DH what I've been working on and he knows that he's supposed to ooh and ahh over whatever it is!

Jessica

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?