Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Amazing who you inspire!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dragonmom
Seriously Hooked

USA
956 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  06:45:45 AM  Show Profile Send dragonmom a Private Message
I go to group therapy and individual therapy twice a week total, and when i go i take my knitting with me, and usually work on it. it helps me keep an even keel when all else is totally insane. the funny part, is my therapist has taken up knitting again after not doing so since childhood, and she's told me that i inspired her to do so. also, the coordinator for my group decided to try learning how to knit, after watching me during group! she did say she got angry with it (she'd bought a book, sigh), so i told her she needed to find a live body, or at least a video, to help, lol.too cool, i say. and of course, there's my sons, lol. my younger told me he was going to be a part time professional knitter, part time paleontologist, part time baker, lol!
Minnie

the world is knitted from one beautifully variegated skein.

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  06:51:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
How wonderful! You should be very proud!

Now get some knitting needles in that boy's hands - pronto!

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
Go to Top of Page

kimkrafty
Permanent Resident

USA
2145 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  06:57:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit kimkrafty's Homepage Send kimkrafty a Private Message
I am always happy to hear about other people starting to knit. I think you've done a great thing.
I think a lot of people figure it's tedious but we all know it's wonderful.
Congrats on being an inspiration!

Kimberly, kniting in VA
WIP: 4 FO: 0
Finished Patchworks Squares: 7
Go to Top of Page

Josh A.
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
561 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  5:39:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Josh A.'s Homepage Send Josh A. a Private Message
That's awesome. I wonder if my therapist would care if I knit... I wonder if he doesn't want me to burn in hell since I haven't called to schedule in months. I'm definitely about knitting more rather than less, although not specifically to addict others... that's just a nice side effect.

Josh A.
N. California -> Rochester, NY
Go to Top of Page

frodosmom
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
480 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  6:32:20 PM  Show Profile Send frodosmom a Private Message
Hi, Minnie, I absolutely love it! I think what you described is going on everywhere to some degree. That might account for the recent increase in numbers of people who are learning to knit or enjoying that craft. Keep right on working where people can see you. Maybe you will start a knitting group and they will inspire others and on and on. . . .

Margaret in South Carolina

Go to Top of Page

barefeetslp
Chatty Knitter

199 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2004 :  7:00:10 PM  Show Profile Send barefeetslp a Private Message
HMMMM...Knitter, baker, AND paleontologist! What a great combination!
Life must be interesting around your son. I hope he follows his dreams to where-ever they may lead.
Happy kitting (and everything else)1!
barefeet

If you don't NEED a Fairy Godmother, then BE one.
Go to Top of Page

dragonmom
Seriously Hooked

USA
956 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2004 :  06:28:32 AM  Show Profile Send dragonmom a Private Message
no lie! life is very interesting around both sons. the older one wants to make baby sweaters to donate! we haven't gotten much past the basics yet tho, so i don't think baby sweaters are in his future just as yet, lol. both boys are very bright, and it's fun trying to keep up with them. that's partially why i decided to teach them to knit. gives them a challenge without taxing my brain too much, lol!
Minnie

the world is knitted from one beautifully variegated skein.
Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2004 :  10:34:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
I was knitting while I waited to get my mammogram a couple of weeks back and one of the x-ray techs asked me about my knitting and if I can make hats so I pulled mine out and she was excited so I invited her to our little Thursday night group. She not only came but brought along another tech as well. Knittykat's great mom became their teacher and they were off...by the end of the night they had cast on, changed colors and were smiling. They say they'll be back next time we meet! I thought this was just so great. My check up results were great too!

Dee
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?