Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Knitter's Review Cards on Elann!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  09:42:38 AM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
Clara, I found your cards on Elann! You've joined the big time eh? Where you aware they were selling them? Do you get $$ from sales there or is it better to buy them from you? What do you think?

Vicky (Queen O'Yarn archivist-QYA)

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  10:57:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Ah, you found 'em! I was thrilled when Ann said she wanted to carry my cards. By all means feel free to order from her. It's actually to my advantage to have stores succeed at carrying my cards, so don't feel even one eensy ounce guilty.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  12:01:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
That's pretty neat, I'll have to go have a look see. Congrats Clara!

Vicky you are such a good shopper!

Dee
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  1:16:01 PM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
Yes, I blew it again today!!! Couldn't resist. I am quite anxious so I went shopping which made me feel much better! Got the cards w/ the kitten on it! Beautiful. I have some of the others but hadn't seen that one so I ordered it along w/ a few skeins of the cotton they have on sale. Beautiful. I am having ANOTHER surgery on my mouth today....I sure hope it's the last one. At least they found out what's going on....I've had a non-symptomatic infection for years the MaxilloFacial Surgeon said that caused parts of my jaw bone to die and become very sharp and high ridged. It is coming through the gum tissue due to it's sharpness. So he's going in and removing all the dead bone tissue...sending some for pathology and some for culture to make sure I'm on the correct antibiotics. I sure hope I am since I'm on three different ones! I dread the pain I'll be in tonight when the numbness wears off...I remember too well how intense it was from my last surgery...I'll probably be on the forum all night to try and keep my mind off the pain. It's helped alot so far. Pray for me at around 3:30 pm Pacific time. Pray to give me the courage to show up and allow them to torture me! I am such a wimp when it comes to dental/bone pain!!! I have to say I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!!! So a shopping I went all morning long. I ordered some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran...found it for 7.00/skein which makes it actually cheaper than ordering it from overseas and also found lots of Koigu that I wanted from Moran. So I guess I just can't not order yarn for more than a few weeks. At least it took me away from my fear for a little while.

Go to Top of Page

Lelani
Permanent Resident

USA
2005 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  2:25:18 PM  Show Profile Send Lelani a Private Message
I will check on Elann for the KR cards!!!!

Lelani

"I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today." White
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2004 :  4:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
Vicky, I just read your post and noticed that it is 6:10 here so 3:10 your time and so you must be at the surgeon. I hope everything goes well for you. You have been through so much, it just doesn't seem to end. You are fortunate to have access to good doctors and being a nurse yourself must be helpful in understanding the treatments and procedures that you are dealing with.
I look forward to seeing your posts when you feel better.
Go to Top of Page

gonzs
Chatty Knitter

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2004 :  05:24:49 AM  Show Profile Send gonzs a Private Message
Vicky,
How are you doing? I hope everything went well and that you are not in too much discomfort. I'm thinking of you!

Sue, from upstate NY
Go to Top of Page

(hristinac
Permanent Resident

United Kingdom
6054 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2004 :  09:51:16 AM  Show Profile Send (hristinac a Private Message
thinking of you .

christina C in Greater London England

Go to Top of Page

GPORTER@ec.rr.com
Warming Up

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2004 :  5:22:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit GPORTER@ec.rr.com's Homepage Send GPORTER@ec.rr.com a Private Message
Hope you are feeling much, much better by now Vicky...pain is difficult for everybody at any time no matter what the cause...so rest assured that you are not a wimp! Besides, I currently hold the world record for wimping out at dental procedures...I circled the oral surgeons office for 30 mins until they came outside to wave me down to see why I didnt come inside... anyhow...my prayers are with you...
Love and light,
Georgia

"I'd rather have 30 minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special..."--from Steel Magnolias

http://www.geocities.com/ggluvsmp/countryside.html
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  01:53:09 AM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
Thank you so much for your messages guys! I really appreciate all the support and love I get from you all. I am really stressing out over Monday to be honest!! I guess it will be good that I'll be knocked out, but then I have to wake up to all that post-operative pain! I am such a wimp! I guess I can focus on something wonderful and good like all you lovely people, my knitting, and picture Clara's card w/ the kitten on it...so cute. Wish me luck and say a prayer that I won't chicken out!

Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  11:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
Yes, the note cards are *fabulous*! I am trying to make up my mind...

Vicky, dear, hope all goes well tomorrow. Try not to fret; perhaps you can knit yourself to sleep under your Healthful Throw...?

-- Marg in Calgary

TLWKOTB
http://knitsonthebus.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ClareNC
Permanent Resident

1235 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  1:29:50 PM  Show Profile Send ClareNC a Private Message
Hope everything is going well Vicky. I got a bit confused as you said you were having the surgery Friday, but were dreading Monday? I had sinus surgery last November and was dreading it so much, so I can imagine what it is like for you. Often the fear is worse than the treatment and mine wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be.
Will be thinking of you,
Clare
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.