Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Things we do Besides Knitting
 Recipe Swap
 Yummy Strawberries
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Genevieve
New Pal

Canada
9 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2004 :  4:23:07 PM  Show Profile Send Genevieve a Private Message
I came home on Valentine's Day to find this delicious recipe waiting for me: My husband marinated sliced strawberries in a red win/brown sugar mix, and made me shortbread cookies with shaved parmesan cheese baked in. I dipped the cookies in the wine sauce, and it was oh sooooo fabulous. Who would have thought this combination could be so exotic while still so simple? Another goody with strawberries... mix brown sugar and sour cream together for dipping.

celia
Permanent Resident

Australia
2454 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2004 :  9:02:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit celia's Homepage Send celia a Private Message
Another tip for strawberries.
try marinating your strawberries in a little bit of balsamic vinegar. It really brings out the sweetness of the berries.
yum!
Go to Top of Page

diana.enky
Permanent Resident

Australia
1092 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2004 :  12:19:27 AM  Show Profile Send diana.enky a Private Message
Instead of serving strawberries with cream, I whip together greek-style yoghurt with maple syrup and serve that with the strawbs. Much easier on the digestion

Diana
On a yarn diet
Only purchased two skeins since Feb 9, 2004
Go to Top of Page

caramel93117
Chatty Knitter

USA
322 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2004 :  11:04:49 AM  Show Profile Send caramel93117 a Private Message
I can't get far enough with my strawberries to actually cook with them! :) Just melt me a bunch of chocolate chips, dip, refrigerate, and you've got chocolate-covered strawberries. Yumm! speaking of which, I think the Strawberry Festival is in a couple months...Can't wait!

Melissa

"Take your needle, my child, and work your pattern--it will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that...one stitch at a time taken patiently."--Oliver Wendall
Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2004 :  11:54:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
Strawberries are just so wonderful. Ahhhh few things in life are better than Strawberries Romanoff and I miss Marie Callendar's fresh strawberry pie I hope they still have it in June when I'll be in LA.

Dee
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.88 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?