Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Lucy Neatby workshop
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

klfrazier
Permanent Resident

1745 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2004 :  8:45:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit klfrazier's Homepage Send klfrazier a Private Message
Yesterday I had the good fortune to attend Lucy's workshop, "Scintillating Socks." I don't remember the last time I had that much fun in an educational environment. Lucy is a very good teacher, and has developed a variety of techniques that will make life a whole lot easier. With only 10 people in the class, we were able to cover a lot of territory, and we had plenty of personal attention.

Lucy brought most of the items from her catalog for us to drool over. It's always amazing to see things in person. Her style is very fun and very upbeat. I've already got a list of things I want to order from her!

If anyone else has the opportunity to attend one of her classes, you should definitly make every effort to get there!

Of course, the day was topped off with an excellent lunch provided by one of our guild members - complete with my favorite carrot cake! My best knitting friend drove in for the day so that she could attend, and then she stayed the night. Despite two fussy babies we were able to spend an entire evening fussing over our needles and yarn! (Special thanks to my grandmother and mom. They drove in for the day to babysit.)

Kristin

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2004 :  8:53:57 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
Sounds nice. I wish she would hold some workshops around here.

Monika

"There is no beauty in the finest cloth if it makes hunger and unhappiness." Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4391 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  05:51:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
Your day sounds so inspiring! I'd love to take one of her workshops, too, or any workshop, for that matter. Hmm...I'll have to see about that!

Jane
(on the end of
Long Island, NY)

Go to Top of Page

ClaireG
Seriously Hooked

602 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  06:41:07 AM  Show Profile Send ClaireG a Private Message
I have gone to a number of Lucy's workshops and I always tell people if you have a chance to see her GO. Everytime I have gone I have learned something new and she is a very good teacher.
Claire
Go to Top of Page

linda-gail
Permanent Resident

USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2004 :  09:41:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit linda-gail's Homepage Send linda-gail a Private Message
I haven't ben lucky enough to take a class from her, but met her at a booth at MD S & W last year and chatted for a while. I walked away with one of her patterns and enough yarn to make 2 versions of the mittens. She didn't "sell" me on them, she was just so enthused, I couldn't resist. Very neat lady.

Linda, knitting away in MD
Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2004 :  3:09:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
Lucy did a presentation for the Gillihook guild here...not a seat to be had in the house, so I didn't get to go! :-(

Maybe next time...

-- Marg in Calgary

TLWKOTB
http://knitsonthebus.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tess1e
Seriously Hooked

United Kingdom
627 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2004 :  3:42:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit tess1e's Homepage Send tess1e a Private Message
I wish I was in the US now....we don't have that kind of thing going on much over here in the UK!
I've got her book and am desperate to try a couple of the sock goddesss patterns but being a beginner and struggling as it is with the basic pattern I think it might just have to wait....sigh....
Lucky you though - it sounds like a great day and carrot cake too - yum :-)

www.yarn-shop.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2004 :  5:29:15 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
Lucy is a very good instructor, at times a bit regimented but hey, she is a sailor! If you ever have the chance to take any sort of class with her, do it wihtout a thought.

Monika

"There is no beauty in the finest cloth if it makes hunger and unhappiness." Gandhi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe