Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Dream LYS
 Customer Service at LYS
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  10:58:47 AM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
OT: My fave palce to eat in New Orleans was Cafe du Monde - now that's a meal LOL.

"I firmly believe the Bible is the misinterpreted word of God." Mokey

www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

Two Sticks and a String
Permanent Resident

USA
1453 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  11:10:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Two Sticks and a String's Homepage Send Two Sticks and a String a Private Message
To goneisland2,
Well, bless your heart. You should have known what a person from NYC would have been like. lol
I, originally from NYC, find that we are the warmest, friendliest and all around greatest people on earth.
Go to Top of Page

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  12:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by KL
Our other patrons are thrilled at the free ball of yarn they recieve after x amount of purchase- not to mention the free "Jelly" bag they get after another amount.KL

I have frequent buyer cards at all 3 of my local shops. LOL! However, I would still patronize them even without the cards as I find great joy in walking into a huge room and being surrounded by color and texture.

On the other side of the coin, I would LOVE to hear more about these "Jelly" bags.

Barb in MI

"You can't get a hit unless you're swinging."

http://webpages.charter.net/akwolf/
http://www.livejournal.com/users/graniterose/
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  12:25:25 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Meandorene

I, originally from NYC, find that we are the warmest, friendliest and all around greatest people on earth.

I'm another NYC lover. You're like cats - not everyone loves ya', you don't give your love all at once but you're hands down my favourite city in the world to visit and I'd jump at the chance to move.

"I firmly believe the Bible is the misinterpreted word of God." Mokey

www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

lemons
Permanent Resident

1692 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  7:27:58 PM  Show Profile Send lemons a Private Message
I love New Yorkers. Several of them, in fact, and married a guy from Brooklyn. They don't deserve the bad rap.

And both Cafe du Monde and Brigtsen's are great.

lemons of missouri
Go to Top of Page

KL
Permanent Resident

6041 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  8:14:08 PM  Show Profile Send KL a Private Message
Barb, the "Jelly" bags are from Bag Smith. They come in several colors. We had our store name imprinted-no address or phone as we did not want to look like the typical walking ad. Inside is a snap off accessory bag and a pocket with hole for yarn. Our customers love them. KL
Go to Top of Page

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  06:45:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by KL

Barb, the "Jelly" bags are from Bag Smith. They come in several colors. We had our store name imprinted-no address or phone as we did not want to look like the typical walking ad. Inside is a snap off accessory bag and a pocket with hole for yarn. Our customers love them. KL

Wow! I know just what you're talking about. My one local LYS has them for sale. $15 each (on sale) I bought 2 and you're right -- I love them!! And thanks for letting me know what the little pocket with the hole is. I was storing pencils in there. LOL!!!

Barb in MI

"You can't get a hit unless you're swinging."

http://www.livejournal.com/users/graniterose/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth