Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Yarn, Gifts, and Obligations
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

carpe diem
Permanent Resident

1158 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2004 :  09:31:21 AM  Show Profile Send carpe diem a Private Message
That's a fantastic - Happy Mother's Day!!!

~ Lisa, Seattle
Go to Top of Page

Julie914
Gabber Extraordinaire

481 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2004 :  2:59:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Julie914's Homepage Send Julie914 a Private Message
The husbeast bought me silk yarn last year for Christmas, after listening to me moan over it for about six months. He got the catalogue, found the yarn, and then said something like "Now if someone were to buy this for you - and I'm not saying I would - how much would you need, and what color would you want?" I gave him the amount and a variety of colors I would like and he chose the color as the only real 'surprise'. He picked a dark teal I really like. And I knit it up right away but I don't wear it that often because I'm afraid I'll trash it.

Julie

I'd try recreational drugs, but they'd cut into my yarn budget.
Go to Top of Page

Lyntintin
New Pal

40 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2004 :  10:37:52 AM  Show Profile Send Lyntintin a Private Message
I would love to get a gift of yarn from somebody who actually knows yarn. My sil knits and she would be great at picking something out. I would also love somebody's stash that they were getting rid of. However if I were to get a knitter (or a quilter, cross stitcher, etc) a gift, I would probably get them a g/c from a nice shop. This way they could get their yarn, or a new tool or a really nice book. I would hate for them to get some great sock yarn only to find out they either didnt like it or sick of making socks, etc.
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2004 :  10:48:46 AM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Julie: What a sweet husband you have.

Lyn: A gift certificate from a yarn or craft shop is a great idea. That way the person can pick out whatever is wanted or needed.

Take care. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

Julie914
Gabber Extraordinaire

481 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2004 :  1:33:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Julie914's Homepage Send Julie914 a Private Message
Bev, well, he alternates between moments of great cuteness and... yeah. Last week he left a handful of TUMS in the pocket of his shorts, they got run through the wash in the dark load and it looked like I'd thrown a handful of chalk in there. Lucky for him he only annoys me half the time. LOL

Julie

I'd try recreational drugs, but they'd cut into my yarn budget.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?