Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting as Therapy
 Knitting as relationship therapy
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bleustocking
New Pal

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2004 :  1:40:32 PM  Show Profile Send bleustocking a Private Message
Thanks, David! I have been meaning to incorporate yoga everyday (not just Thursday mornings in class), but I really don't like the tapes. Your suggestion is great. I do have my favorite poses, some relaxing, some energizing. A combination of the two would be a lovely way to start my day. I hadn't thought of knitting as an extension of yoga, but both seem to help focus "monkey-mind". I appreciate the encouragement!

Deanna
Do as the goddesses did...Ovid
Go to Top of Page

lacylaine
Seriously Hooked

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2004 :  2:04:43 PM  Show Profile Send lacylaine a Private Message
What a timely topic! I just got back from 5 days of Annual Training at Camp Atterbury. I took a small knitting project but didn't even have enough time to finish my gauge swatch. I bet if I had I would have felt more at ease living with relative strangers. Of course, it would have helped if I had grabbed my small Bible instead of my prayer journal, as well. I didn't have either my mental health or my spiritual support.

PattiG, your remarks are right on the money! Also, I love it when dh watches football or plays his video games. I can tune them out but can't do that with regular TV. I just look up from time to time when he mentions something and say, "Wow!" or "Cool" or something.

I have pretty much given up playing video games in exchange for knitting. I've been playing video games since Pong but they just don't make me feel as good as my knitting does!

Melanie

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might." Ecclesiastes 9:10
Go to Top of Page

bunkenbeans@comcast.net

Posted - 06/11/2004 :  3:05:50 PM  Show Profile Send bunkenbeans@comcast.net a Private Message
[quote/]Knitting helps me feel like I'm getting something done and the finished object just makes me burst with warm fuzzy good one me feelings.

Of course this also makes me easier to live with.

Opal

http://alohaopal.typepad.com/
[/quote]

Anything that makes us easier to live with is a good thing, I think!

Susan
Go to Top of Page

dsassali@aol.com

Posted - 06/15/2004 :  12:13:50 AM  Show Profile Send dsassali@aol.com a Private Message
I find it so interesting that all knitters, old and new ones, have the same feeling about it. I love it!! I wonder if it was intended to be that way - if God said, " Life will throw them curves - so - I'll give them knitting. They will be at peace when they knit." That works for me.
deborah
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.