Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Yarn Stores Around the Globe
 knitting cafes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

soulful-creations
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2004 :  11:40:49 AM  Show Profile Send soulful-creations a Private Message
Victoria here,
We are opening our Shop (Village Yarn and Tea Shop) in October, it will be located on Ballinger Way between I5 and Bothell Way. The actual address is 19500 Ballinger Way, Shoreline, WA.
Yes, yanks are not the best at making tea but we will be learning from those who really know how to brew a proper cup of tea and we know there are those who will be testing us.
Victoria
Go to Top of Page

sea_dragon
New Pal

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2004 :  2:02:37 PM  Show Profile Send sea_dragon a Private Message
This is kind of funny or ironic, I've been daydreaming about opening a knitting cafe for several years now, even before I knew such places actually existed! But I'm a diehard coffee drinker, I only drink tea occasionally. And it is surprising that there's no place in Seattle combining espresso and yarn. Although the staff at Acorn Street used to sell $1 lattes to the people in line when they had their Morning Madness sale (waiting in line at 5:30 am in October you need a good strong latte!).
Go to Top of Page

jennidina
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2004 :  2:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Send jennidina a Yahoo! Message Send jennidina a Private Message
remind me i need to fly to WA state now LOL.
maybe after a few years u can open on on the east coast too?

Jenn

@--->--- @--->--- @--->--- @--->--- @--->--- @--->--- @--->--- @--->--- @--->---

i wasn't busy enough being a fulltime student, studying, music, looking for work, playing around with computers, starting a club in school, working in my house, playing with my cats, etc... Thats why i took up Knitting
@--->--- @--->--- @--->--- @--->--- @--->--- @--->--- @--->--- @--->--- @--->---
Go to Top of Page

carpe diem
Permanent Resident

1158 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2004 :  12:41:22 PM  Show Profile Send carpe diem a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by jennidina
remind me i need to fly to WA state now LOL.

Jenn - Fly to Seattle and we'll organize a "yarn crawl" !

Victoria - I'm *so* excited for your Village Yarn & Tea Shop - Bravo!!!! I have cousin who lives in Shoreline and she keeps trying to get us to go to Spin A Yarn in downtown Edmonds. Wait until I tell her about your place!

Yes it's true, American's don't know how make a proper cup of tea, HOWEVER I know of 3 decent dedicated tea shops and one café with a distinguished assortment of loose teas that steeps at your table. Now, wouldn't that be considered proper "cuppa" if you're the one deciding when the tea is good enough to sip?

- suggests an avid coffee connoisseur

~ Lisa, Seattle
Go to Top of Page

carpe diem
Permanent Resident

1158 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2004 :  4:45:45 PM  Show Profile Send carpe diem a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by jocelyn@icbleu.org
While not exactly a coffee house, nor a cafe, the Whistle Stop in San Diego is an excellent place to knit the hours away. Billing itself as a real neighborhood Bar and Grill, it has long been known to dog lovers and knitters alike as a great place to go and relax with good friends. They host a no cover charge Knit it! On the first and third Sunday of the month starting at 2:30 in the afternoon … Just don’t try to knit anything too complicated if you are going to drink. LOL!

Now if there were a coffee house somewhere in San Diego that we could meet at instead, I could get that lace shawl going.

Jocelyn In San Diego

Too bad I won't be there the 2nd Sunday, as I definitely need some R&R - attending my cousin's funeral next week BUT... I'm so glad I'm able to take off from work on short notice and grieve with family, chat & connect with old friends and hit the beach!!!!

Isn't Croce's Café Bar & Grill still downtown? They're open til wee hours of the morning too. Might be smokey, can't remember.

Do you have a Starbuck's Café nearby? The kind where there's comfy chair and half's upholstered in velvet and a fireplace?

~ Lisa, Seattle
Go to Top of Page

schnitzle
New Pal

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2004 :  10:58:47 AM  Show Profile Send schnitzle a Private Message
Hi Victoria, I met you briefly at the knitting meetup at Third Place Books. I am SO excited about your shop!! I even had my sweetie drive me by the location so I could scope it out ;) Can't wait until construction is done and you can move in.

Best of luck!

-Leah

Knit happens!
Go to Top of Page

Gaile
New Pal

Canada
44 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2004 :  3:02:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gaile's Homepage Send Gaile a Private Message
Hi Victoria

I'm just outside Vancouver BC - I'm thinking in the early fall I'll have to do a leisurely drive south and scope out all these wonderful new yarn stores I'm hearing about.

Best of luck to you!

Gaile
http://knit.eclecticpixels.com - CAST AWAY (my knitting blog)
http://planetgaile.com/slices/ - SLICES OF LIFE (yet another blog)

"I knit - therefore, I exist!"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.