Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 I'm spending too much time in KR forums!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

susanner
Gabber Extraordinaire

400 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  5:28:14 PM  Show Profile Send susanner a Private Message
It's such a dilimma: Do I hang out in KR rooms? Or do I knit? Acchh. It's so hard to decide!

susanne

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  5:53:59 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
I think some people do both, I am not one of them though. I am a either or person.I have noticed since I retired I am visiting KR more than I used to, but I am also knitting more.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

sallyjo
Permanent Resident

USA
2401 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  7:06:20 PM  Show Profile Send sallyjo a Private Message
See, that's why you get a stupid dial-up connection. Then you have all that time waiting....
But seriously - no, it's not too much time.

happiness is highly underrated
Go to Top of Page

dragonmom
Seriously Hooked

USA
956 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  9:05:14 PM  Show Profile Send dragonmom a Private Message
i do both, when i have my knitting at hand. unfortunately, by the time i get aorund to here, it's packed in my backpack for the next day, or else i'll run out without it(gasp!) i have a wonderful scroll option, so when it's a particularly wordy post or set of posts, i just let it roll by while i read and knit. soooo convenient.
Minnie

the world is knitted from one beautifully variegated skein.
Go to Top of Page

Tam
Permanent Resident

Australia
2810 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2004 :  10:13:53 PM  Show Profile Send Tam a Private Message
I knit while I'm here; I just make sure one of my WIPs is portable like socks or a hat.

Happy Knitting,
Tam in Melbourne

http://photos.yahoo.com/lillysmum2002

2004 Stats: 12 FOs, 3 WIPs

Women are like tea bags - you don't know how strong they are until they are in hot water.
Go to Top of Page

kimkrafty
Permanent Resident

USA
2145 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2004 :  06:57:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit kimkrafty's Homepage Send kimkrafty a Private Message
I do one or the other but I do spend a lot of time at KR!

Kimberly, kniting in VA
FO for 2004: 2/3 blanket and 2/3 sweater :)
Go to Top of Page

LidaLou
New Pal

13 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2004 :  07:29:01 AM  Show Profile Send LidaLou a Private Message
I wish I could knit while I read the forum--but I'm covertly reading the forum at work. I can only imagine the look on my boss' face should she walk by and find me knitting (of course I have a wip in my bag for lunch time). Internet use is at least somewhat condoned.
Go to Top of Page

jjones0194@aol.com

Posted - 06/03/2004 :  11:54:44 AM  Show Profile Send jjones0194@aol.com a Private Message
Well it would be much easier to spend less time here if everyone wasn't so nice!! Lucky for me, I get to check on the posts during my workday so it doesn't cut into my knitting time. It would stink to have to choose one or the other!!
Go to Top of Page

Chappysmom
Gabber Extraordinaire

519 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2004 :  12:00:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chappysmom's Homepage Send Chappysmom a Private Message
I spend more time visiting this forum (as well as a dog-training list and (lately) a curly-hair care group, oh yeah, and a book group, too... hmmm . . . there's a trend here!) than I should, too. But it's so hard to resist! And I have trouble knitting while waiting for webpages to load--you need that mouse hand just a little too often--but I often read when the internet is moving slowly (even with a cable modem).
Go to Top of Page

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2085 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2004 :  3:26:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message
How do.
It would be grand if I could read & knit at the same time - alas, that is not a happenin' thing in my life at the moment (or for the next few moments for that matter^..^). Sometimes I will have some small paperwork here to work on as I wait for the dial up.
Over the last few months I have cut down on my computer time over-all - personal emails, surfing, the Forum. One of the reasons was my knitting - I want more time for it & am looking for all the bits of time I can find.
Martha
Go to Top of Page

Rita2372
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2004 :  6:56:13 PM  Show Profile Send Rita2372 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Chappysmom

I spend more time visiting this forum (as well as a dog-training list and (lately) a curly-hair care group, oh yeah, and a book group, too... hmmm . . . there's a trend here!) than I should, too. But it's so hard to resist! And I have trouble knitting while waiting for webpages to load--you need that mouse hand just a little too often--but I often read when the internet is moving slowly (even with a cable modem).

I was wondering how people knitted while doing forums on the internets! Not certain I can do that! Also, I can't train my dogs (4 little Yorkies and a rat terrier) to be housebroke, as well as they should be. Could you please tell me about your dog training list as I need help! you may reply off the list if you wish as this may not pertain to knitting ritastory44@yahoo.com However, it's surprising just how many interests and activities we knitters do have!

Rita Deyo Fleener
Go to Top of Page

yarnlover
Permanent Resident

1753 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2004 :  7:48:56 PM  Show Profile Send yarnlover a Private Message
quote:
(4 little Yorkies and a rat terrier)

At one time I had 3 yorkies - only 1 is still with me now. She's near 14 years, but still going strong. You made me chuckle because I had a friend who used to call my dogs (affectionately) "the rats." I don't know what a rat terrier looks like, but cute, huh?

I heard yorkies can be hard to housebreak, and mine were a bit stubborn. I used the crate method and lots of patience and tons of praise and a treat when they did it right. Positive reinforcement seems to work well. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

smitten knitter
New Pal

New Zealand
10 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2004 :  02:51:28 AM  Show Profile Send smitten knitter a Private Message
I'm doing too much knitting while I should be finishing my PhD thesis. I've just bought voice recognition software - for my thesis of course - and my ultimate aim is to be able to knit and write (with my software doing all the hard work) at the same time!
Go to Top of Page

Chappysmom
Gabber Extraordinaire

519 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2004 :  06:59:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Chappysmom's Homepage Send Chappysmom a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Rita2372
Could you please tell me about your dog training list as I need help! However, it's surprising just how many interests and activities we knitters do have!

Rita,

I sent you a PM, but I'm a die-hard fan of positive-reinforcement, clicker training. My favorite list is called Clicker Solutions. www.clickersolutions.com

--Deb
Go to Top of Page

pqpatch
Seriously Hooked

USA
617 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2004 :  08:09:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit pqpatch's Homepage Send pqpatch a Private Message
I pop in a couple times per day. I have my favorite topics I like to check out. Some I look at only on occasion.
Go to Top of Page

Sabrina
Chatty Knitter

USA
341 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2004 :  11:24:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sabrina's Homepage Send Sabrina a Private Message
Boy - first I was going to say I'd read the boards and knit at the same time, except to read the boards I need glasses and to knit I don't....so I can't do both at the same time.

My yorkie is a genius - except when it comes to house training.
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2004 :  07:12:53 AM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
I knit and read the boards simultaneously all the time. If it's mindless, I can even read a book and knit. I have a bookholder I bought at KnitPicks for this very purpose. Of course, I do both tasks slower than if I was doing one alone, but that's OK.

Anita

See my completed projects!
http://www.picturetrail.com/achrisvet
Go to Top of Page

AJ Wisch
Chatty Knitter

USA
296 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2004 :  1:09:28 PM  Show Profile Send AJ Wisch a Private Message
Sabrina, You just have to get old enough to get bifocals. I read from the top of them, then down to my knitting through the bifocal. Works for me!

AJ

"Live your life as a cat does; enjoy each moment, then enjoy the next moment, and so on, and so on."
Go to Top of Page

Heather
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
456 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2004 :  4:27:10 PM  Show Profile Send Heather a Private Message
This is the first time I've even visited the forum in months and months...I feel so out of touch, but in the newsletter it mentioned reading whilst knitting, and I HAD to check it out. That is my one grief, that I can't simultaneously do both. How is this done?? And by the way, what's been going on these days?

--Heather

We are shaped and fashioned by what we love. --Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Heather
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
456 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2004 :  4:28:33 PM  Show Profile Send Heather a Private Message
Oh, by the way, in the dog department I had to say goodbye to my 2 labs, and now have the cutest schipperke!

--Heather

We are shaped and fashioned by what we love. --Goethe
Go to Top of Page

VW_Chick1979
New Pal

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2004 :  12:12:47 AM  Show Profile  Send VW_Chick1979 a Yahoo! Message Send VW_Chick1979 a Private Message
Depending on how tired I am I do frequently knit while reading a book or on the computer. I keep checking out Garfield books or Fox Trot collections cuz those are easy and mindless reading. Of course while reading a class lecture...well that I concentrate on. I also knit at the movie theatre (my boyfriend keeps saying "you're gonna get in trouble" and gets poked with a needle).

Mary Jo
Norridge, IL
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.75 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by