Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Washing cotton sweaters
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sue4761
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2004 :  2:40:35 PM  Show Profile Send sue4761 a Private Message
What is the best way to care for a cotton sweater that is multi-colored? When I try to soak it in cold water, the colors run into the white sections.

AJ Wisch
Chatty Knitter

USA
296 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2004 :  3:26:30 PM  Show Profile Send AJ Wisch a Private Message
There is a dye grabber product out that was reviewed on my www.quiltersreview.com that you should look for. Several years ago, the same product had showed up in stores and then disappeared a couple of months later. I wrote to the company listed on the box but never received a reply. Sorry for my CRS (can't remember stuff) but I believe it was the same company putting out the product now.
And my point is........it really works fabulously. The dye still runs, of course, but the sheet grabs it out of the water and the dye doesn't bleed onto the white. Hope this helps at least a little.

AJ

"Live your life as a cat does; enjoy each moment, then enjoy the next moment, and so on, and so on."
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2004 :  5:00:30 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
I've heard that Synthrapol keeps loose dye from attacing to fabric. I've never used it but the owner of one of my LYS recommended it for this use. KnitPicks carries it.

Anita

See my completed projects!
http://www.picturetrail.com/achrisvet
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by