Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 I took two of my nieces to the LYS
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vivianne
Warming Up

67 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2004 :  10:58:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit vivianne's Homepage Send vivianne a Private Message
and got them both knitting lessons at my LYS - I bought them needles and yarn and now have them knitting away!!! They caught on so fast and they are ages 12 & 14! One of the girls are on thier way to Hawaii for ten days and she told me she has plans on knitting on the flight

I am so proud!

"Friends don't let friends knit drunk..."

dragonmom
Seriously Hooked

USA
956 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2004 :  11:18:28 PM  Show Profile Send dragonmom a Private Message
too cool! love your tag line too, lol. my sons are hit and miss at the moment, but i'm sure it will kick in soon
Minnie

the world is knitted from one beautifully variegated skein.
Go to Top of Page

vivianne
Warming Up

67 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2004 :  12:03:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit vivianne's Homepage Send vivianne a Private Message
Goodluck with that with your kids!

"My girls" are very craft orientated - they always take an interest with me and my crafts... I always like to encourage them to be creative!

Go to Top of Page

ClareNC
Permanent Resident

1235 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2004 :  6:23:57 PM  Show Profile Send ClareNC a Private Message
Vivianne, that's great your nieces are both keen to learn. There have been other posts about knitting on planes. Some airlines don't allow it, so you might want to check up for her and make sure. She would hate to have her knitting confiscated at the airport.
Clare
Go to Top of Page

kimkrafty
Permanent Resident

USA
2145 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2004 :  6:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit kimkrafty's Homepage Send kimkrafty a Private Message
You should be proud, Vivianne. My niece wants to learn too but I'm not sure I'm ready for teaching anyone yet. My LYS has a knitting class for kids. I'm going to ask my brother about it and see about signing her up. I'm so new to knitting, myself, and want her to learn properly.
Congrats again!

Kimberly, kniting in VA
http://kimberlyskorner.blogspot.com

FO for 2004: 3/4 blanket and 2/3 sweater :)
Go to Top of Page

kimmiebear
Gabber Extraordinaire

359 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2004 :  9:05:46 PM  Show Profile Send kimmiebear a Private Message
Vivianne,
Get some bamboo or wooden circulars for your niece, and she will not have a problem at the airport.
Kimmiebear
Go to Top of Page

vivianne
Warming Up

67 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2004 :  2:13:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit vivianne's Homepage Send vivianne a Private Message
she has bamboos and she is there safely - she called me to ask me for help cause she messed up = I told her to just keep knitting to practice and we will rip it out n do it all over again (: Bless her heart!

Kim - I know I am not ready to teach her anything except the basics - considering I am just learning myself... that's why I chose to take them down to the LYS and have them pick out their own yarns so that they could be enthusiastic about it and let the ladies take them under their wings there.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.78 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?